Calis DC 120 hour review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calis DC 120 hour review

I have just reached 120 hours fished on one the Calis DC reels I had purchased a while back.There has been no issues other than a few professional overuns by me trying to cast further than a football field.I have cleaned with a towel and lightly oiled the reel and that has been the only thing that has been done to the reel.It is still as smooth as the day it was unboxed.It has taken a while to get adjusted to the digital braking system as I kept making small adjustments to really get it dialed in.Once I understood how it would work with different wind and lure weight conditions it outshines any other reel I have ever used.I try to keep the reel cover on when not in use just to keep salt spray and grit out of the workings of the reel.With a tail wind and a Corky fatboy it is unbelievable how far I can launch a lure.I'm almost casting twice as far as anyone on the boat when they are throwing a fatboy or a topwater.If your trying to cover a lot of water or bird fishing this is a must have reel,you'll be casting into birds while your buddies are still trying to reach them.The price tag seems like a lot, but this reel performs like no other baitcaster I have ever fished.A few diehard anglers from this site have had an oppurtunity to see this reel in action and hopefully they will chime in with comments good and bad.Anyone that wants to have a little casting demostration is more than welcome to shoot me a PM and I'll show you what she'll do.I never believed I could throw a bait out of site...I'm on the edge of that.... almost every cast now.

I have been watching you launch it to Louisiana, funny thing the other day when we took MJH. Sneeky made the first cast on a drift and MJH looked over at me then Sneeky and I said what you didn’t think is was going to come down.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Yea that was too funny!

Comment

You were killing me on Monday.......You were in em 20 yds before I could get there! That thing casts like a dream! I want one for Christmas......Someone please tell my wife!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
          You were killing me on Monday.......You were in em 20 yds before I could get there! That thing casts like a dream! I want one for Christmas......Someone please tell my wife!
          He can launch it huh!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

YEP IT GOES FOREVER, I got reel envy

Comment

I have thrown sneekys reel and it is the bomb!! It like a good pair of shades you think are too expensive then when you have em you wonder why you waited so long to get em. The one thing most people dont realize is the amount of energy you use over a long day of throwng lures. This reel takes very little effort to cast it a mile. That adds up over days of fishing. Same thing goes for a good rod. Also the G Loomis he has it on only increses the ease to cast this bad boy a mile. I want one NOW!!!!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I'm a witness officer i saw sneekypete outcast me and everybody elsein the water.The first cast he made i was like what reel you got?They call that reel envy!I hope Santa claus bring's one home for me.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

.Wow really that good? Hhhmmmm. Sounds really. Great I hope I don't get that reel envy thing lol. Have you ever cast a calcutta te 200gt(not the gtb) if so how much better did it cast? Id assume a lot. Id ask to give it a throw but my reels don't like it when I do that. Lol thanks for the review mabe I can hide some cash from my wife. And pony up

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymike View Post
                    .Wow really that good? Hhhmmmm. Sounds really. Great I hope I don't get that reel envy thing lol. Have you ever cast a calcutta te 200gt(not the gtb) if so how much better did it cast? Id assume a lot. Id ask to give it a throw but my reels don't like it when I do that. Lol thanks for the review mabe I can hide some cash from my wife. And pony up
                    sneekypete has all the shimano low profile reels and then some!!! tons of em i seen his house sportsmans paradise
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

he can cast farther than anybody i've ever seen!!! if you can afford one buy it.
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I can't but I can save for along time if its really worth it

Comment

Working...
                        X