LED pole mount lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED pole mount lights

Bought them from WestMarine and have to admit they weren't the cheapest but I expect them to last. They did have regular pole mount lights at $20 cheaper, but what the heck....these were $79. Very easy to install, and I did some different stuff with the wiring to help eliminate ground problems while I was at it.

Now to conquer that bunk carpet issue!
    Attached Files
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

do they have them in a longer size??
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
      do they have them in a longer size??
      Longer light or longer pole? All the light is... is a light built into a coupling. You cut how far down on a 2" PVC guide you want to put it then insert the end cap on top. If you already have the 2", like I did , I guess it's very easy. If not, then you'd have to buy the set up I suppose.
      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Also, the pvc slides over the 1" square tubing. I used my shop vac at bottom of the 1", to pull a string through from top of metal guide to the bottom. Then used the string like a fish tape to pull the wires for the light. It worked great!
        Why did I use the vacuum you ask? Because 007 wasn't available!
        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
          Why did I use the vacuum you ask? Because 007 wasn't available!

Touché FOF vicious just likes a Chihuahua... LOL I was thinking on putting those on my set up... It just seemed like too much work... How long did it take you to install them? Time is money & money is time... That’s what I herd...? I really don't have either one... But now is a good time to do it with my boat off of the trailer…
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
            Touché FOF vicious just likes a Chihuahua... LOL I was thinking on putting those on my set up... It just seemed like too much work... How long did it take you to install them? Time is money & money is time... That’s what I herd...? I really don't have either one... But now is a good time to do it with my boat off of the trailer…

Took me about 15 minutes of trying to push those wires past the bend in the 1" support...after I figured out the vacuum trick...30 minutes a side maybe.
            It comes with about 10ft of tail wire so I rewired with heat shrink butt connector and then slid a heat shrink sleeve over that, about a foot of it right at the bend. Then used GOOP at the drilled hole to centralize and no rubbing. I didn't glue anything incase I have to remove but drilled a set screw in the cap and 2" pvc then just pushed down real tight on the coupling. Pulled it to Anuhuac and it worked great. Also left the ground wire out of the harness and attached a clamp so I KNOW I have a good ground and can check if probs occur. Seems that's where I always have issues.
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              Took me about 15 minutes of trying to push those wires past the bend in the 1" support...after I figured out the vacuum trick...30 minutes a side maybe.
              It comes with about 10ft of tail wire so I rewired with heat shrink butt connector and then slid a heat shrink sleeve over that, about a foot of it right at the bend. Then used GOOP at the drilled hole to centralize and no rubbing. I didn't glue anything incase I have to remove but drilled a set screw in the cap and 2" pvc then just pushed down real tight on the coupling. Pulled it to Anuhuac and it worked great. Also left the ground wire out of the harness and attached a clamp so I KNOW I have a good ground and can check if probs occur. Seems that's where I always have issues.
              I will get with you when I get ready to do it... I always have ground issues and I kinda like the clamp idea...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                I will get with you when I get ready to do it... I always have ground issues and I kinda like the clamp idea...
                Bring it over...got everything ready to go! Harbor Frieght has that shrinkwrap in 8ft rolls for dirt cheap.
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I have purchased and install regular pole mount lights at $20 and i am fully satisfied from its working,thanks for giving me information about this remarkable mount light.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                    I have purchased and install regular pole mount lights at $20 and i am fully satisfied from its working,thanks for giving me information about this remarkable mount light.
                    I had the regular ones before on my last trailer and they did work just fine. Glad you're happy with them!
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                    X