Bug Slingin' for Redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Slingin' for Redfish

If I had to describe my day of fishing yesterday in one word it would be phenomenal. My best day of fishing ever. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had days when I’ve caught more and bigger but this was on another level. I have never seen so many schools of redfish and backing redfish in my life. It was insane from start to finish.

I ended the day with 11 redfish total, 9 slot reds and 1 oversized red on the fly rod. In addition I hooked 8 more fish but 5 of them pulled loose and 3 broke off. All fish were sight casted to out of schools or backing in 1′ of water or less. Most fish were caught on a gold spoon fly but I did get a few bites on a crab fly and the big fish was caught on a gotcha. The only red caught on conventional tackle was an undersized red caught on a TTF Flats Minnow in mumpy glo when I got the double.

I also film a ton of video and I'll post it up after I get a chance to edit it.

Full report and additional pictures here...

Awesome report and pics! It was a great day yesterday for sure.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Boy I felt like I was there with the bad arse picture... LOL Awesome story and some kick arse pictures to boot... Keep those reports coming...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good report. The sunrise pic is awesome. That would be worth framing. I can appreciate how hard it is to get those pics especially by yourself. keep em coming.
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I finally got a chance to edit some videos from the day that was.

I posted them on my blog and youtube channel...

Chronicles of a Man Armed with Rods, Reels, and a Camera

Comment

Way cool!

Comment

Super cool on the fly, awesome.
              Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

nice!!
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Wow!
                  Honk if you love Jesus.
                  Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Way to go Jeremy!! That is an outstanding day.
                    http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by jpchavez23 View Post
                      I finally got a chance to edit some videos from the day that was.

I posted them on my blog and youtube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremypchavez
                      Feel free to post the YouTube video's here as well... We can also pull any user YouTube videos and put them on our website under the video tab. Click the FAQ button to learn how to post YouTube videos on the website. http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/faq.php

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                        Feel free to post the YouTube video's here as well... We can also pull any user YouTube videos and put them on our website under the video tab. Click the FAQ button to learn how to post YouTube videos on the website. http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/faq.php
                        Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering how other people added videos to their posts. It's a little different on this forum than I'm accustomed to.

This should work better...

Comment

I also added them to our Video Page on the top menu bar. I have to do this by going to the video on YouTube and adding it to my playlist. I can do this with any videos on YouTube

Comment

We also do something like this which makes it a content item page...

Comment

How do you have your camera mounted? I thought maybe it was taped to your head and then I saw your hat moving around in the picture.
                              Honk if you love Jesus.
                              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Working...
                              X