East Matagorda 10-9-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Matagorda 10-9-10

Lurefisher and I fished east matty this weekend and we had mixed results.Saturday was unbelievable we had 35 trout to 3 lb's and 15 redfish 19-27 inches. We kept 5 trout and 4 redfish the we gave to another party we saw on the water, they didn't have such good luck so we gave them our fish.The trout were in about 3 foot of water over sand grass mix. The ticket was to throw a large version corky devil out and let to settle into the grass, the trout would pick it out of the grass without hopping or twitching the lure.The bite lasted all day for us and was non stop until a guy on a Jetski ran in wide open then drifted to where we were casting.We had to change the direction we were casting just to keep from hitting him.Hey Jetskier dude it's not POLITE asking if I need a ride to my boat when you get ready to blast out from there.I told you we were catching fish....then you catch a small keeper and in 10 minutes your ready to go mess up someones elses fishing and ask again to see if I needed a ride....Why do you think we were so far from the boat just standing there not moving? aaaahhh maybe we were on some good fish...Thanks, to the yuppie wanna be fishing jetskier dude I'll return the favor this weekend.School is in session and this teachers going to be driving a hard lession about fishing courtesy....I'll be the M_FK'er in a Marshall blowing through your drift waving and cussing at ya....don't worry I'll be POLITE and ask if YOU need a ride!!!!!
    Sunday.... we had 5 trout and the redfish was like the Texans on Sunday ...they just didn't want to play.

Great report Rick......WTG!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

LOL, should have hooked a spook in his back...
      Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

Originally posted by mikey01 View Post
        LOL, should have hooked a spook in his back...
        Oh believe me he wanted to.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice report guys.

Comment

Definite "LIKE"!
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Hey Rick, I'm going to be out there next Saturday, and if you see me waving, me and my stringer will need a ride back to the boat.... Sounds like you had an awesome day Saturday, even with the "M_FK'ers". No matter where you go, they are out there and the sad thing is that they don't even know they are messing up. Did the tide drop out on Sunday?

Comment

Yeh Steve the water was way out sun.compared to sat.,And i can't wait for sat.if we see that guy its not going to me nice.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

good report guys!
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Yea, Steve the tide dropped a foot on Sunday.Seemed to have made the bite a bit tougher.Sometimes I'm amazed at the brazen ignorance of people on the water.It's like this guy wanted to drive his ski right where our lures were landing.I should have busted him with a topwater and acted like I couldn't see him.I'll be looking for him and it's going to be a long winter for him.Oh I'm sorry Mister I didn't see you on your jetski you need a ride to your truck....in the most POLITE voice !!!

Comment

NICE! Congrats
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report!! All you needed was airboat guy to blast by and make some more noise!!! that jet ski guy must be related to the jet ski guy in west bay on the north shore line polite since he ask if you needed a ride!!! What a nice fella!!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

That was nice of you to give away your fish. I give away a least 75% of my fish to good folks who really are in need. Thanks for the report.

Comment

flare guns and pyramid weights are great retaliation for ignorant jet skiers or boaters....JK..If in close range, the original super spook works well too. I have shown mine to more than a few over the years who didn't realize that they shouldn't be within casting range of another angler that they don't know or have permission from.

It's up to all of us who recognize what's respectful, to teach those that don't...
                            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

great report men!
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X