10-8-10 north sabine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-8-10 north sabine

Coyote had to work again.put in Sabine river at Orange city ramp at daylight.caught shad and finger mullet at du pont outfall.fished middle pass and drifted north end of the lake .caught 1/2 dozen undersize reds , 1 slot fish and 2 bulls in the 40 plus inch range . only had scale on top of 90 Qt. cooler for measuring.have caught quite a few bull reds over the years but i do believe these were the biggest i have ever caught .what fun. caught 2 slot black drums and got tired of counting the gaftops. 3 guys asked if i wanted a slot red and a blue cat that they caught in adams bayou on spinner bait.took em with no shame. beautiful day on the water with light winds.had a great time . all undersize and oversized fish and gaftops released . 1 of those gaftops i would have liked to have caught during the star. he was a monster.

Good Day Fishing

Congrats on a good day of fishing.

Damn kray, 2 bulls over 40 inches in the same trip? Great job locating the big fish.

Comment

Thanks for the report !! You'll get'em next time . Do you know if the boat ramp on the Louissianna side , at the south end of Sabine , is OK to launch a boat ? On Google Earth the nice Texas side multiple ramp/park is GONE.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

last time i used it the ramp was fine, the dock on the other hand sucked .no cleats , o.k. for a couple guys , one in the boat and one in the truck . hard for one person . good luck.

Comment

Thank you kray59 !!
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
          X