10/12 report - interesting day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/12 report - interesting day

I took a father of a friend fishing yesterday and everything looked good until I get to West End Marine and the gas pumps where down (What's up JT???). Did not have time to head back to the house and grab cans, so I ASSUMED I had enough gas to get to Chocolate and drift the reefs. Well I was wrong, ran out entering Chocolate. Nobody in site, so I got the trolling motor out and made the best of it. Throwing popping cork and shrimp, my guess caught a sting ray, rat red and a slimer. I said enough of this and called my neighbor. He brought me 12 gallons, so we could keep fishing, which we did. Drifted a few spots, with no results. Switched to popping cork and new penny shrimp gulp and I hooked up with a 22" trout. My guess switched to the same and landed another 22" trout. It was an interesting day to say the least, but what was really cool is that was his first trout every and I did not know that. You should have seen the smile on his face, he is hooked! BTW, remember to fill our tanks
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Good report.glad your neighbor came to the rescue
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report but horrible spelling, lol!!

Comment

Glad you got good neighbors
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I heard they were out of gas Saturday too
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Man...JT is falling down on the job.

Comment

I broke the pump Friday eve when trying to put 100 gallons in the Robalo. They changed out the filters and for some reason it gave me 3.5 gallons in about 5-10 minutes then stopped altogether-they tried to fix, but dint work, so I hauled butt to harborwalk-those bastages CLOSE at 6 pm on Friday's (was 7 pm when I pulled into marina and all was shut down), so then ran back to Jam Beach, trailered the boat and gassed at the dang valero.

Sorry Mike-ya got a "keeper" neighbor also, so quit trashing his yard with yur beercans!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, I ran out a few years ago in the middle of Galveston bay, had a nice guy tow me back to the marina. Glad you had a good neighbor, buy him a case.
                don't lose the big one, change your line.
                Sushidog6

Comment

Sounds like my kinda trip Mike......Get out there and install a pump at your house and we will all use it!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I am glad to hear the day worked out for ya'll.

Comment

good report mike
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

nice report!!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing!

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                          Sounds like my kinda trip Mike......Get out there and install a pump at your house and we will all use it!
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                          X