Sunday Fly report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Fly report

Fished Sunday with Scott Webber. I was mad at the redfish after they didn't cooperate on Saturday during the tournament. Started out on an open shoreline that was holding reds on Friday, and with the tide back up a few inches, the fish were hard to locate. We ended up poling up a very small bayou that had a few fish feeding in it. They proved way to spooky to coax into eating a fly, so after much frustration, we moved on to another marsh drain.

The second drain, was much different. These fish were much more agressive and poded up killing stuff. With the tide dropping hard and already exposing areas in the marsh, the fish had to work towards us to escape the lake. They were intent on feeding before they got all the way out though. Scott sight cast to many of these fish, but more often than not, they were way to preoccupied to eat the fly. We did manage to get him three nice reds on fly. The first was the best at about 25 inches.

We had a great time, and Scott landed his first ever red on fly, and then backed it up with two more, and a flounder to the boat. We made one more stop and poled down a shoreline that again had spooky fish that were hard to coax. All in all, not a bad morning, Saw well over 100 reds, just couldn't convince as many as we would have liked. The fish we landed were on a pink and white clouser minnow, which went to Scott's lucky fly box. It was fairly abused after being chewed on several times..
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Sure makes me want to go out and buy a fly rig! Nice job.....

Comment

Sweet.......Looks like fun.
      Thanks for the report Capt Steve!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Alright Capt. SS! you are going to have to show me how to work one of those Fairy Wands!
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

I'll be out there tomorrow Great report Steve
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
          X