E-TEC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-TEC?

Just curious if any of you are running a 200 E-TEC (small block)? I have a Majek Illusion with a 200 E-TEC (both are 2007 models) and it has a little stumble out of the hole at about 1100 to 1400 RPMs. Once past that, hang on because she will through you out of the boat! I have had the computer remapped and cured some of the problem. I am told it could be hull and prop design. Anyone with similar problems? Thanks, Pat

What does the computer tell you on the read out .... a diagnostics on a PC might tell you something?
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

The repair shop showed nothing wrong on the read out.

Comment

possible air in the prop wash until she gets planned out at the high level RPM?

Have some guys move around on the boat to vary your hull pitch and see how it affects it.
        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I have done that. It does it with any type of load. One guy or five guys.
          It's like the engine wants to shake and die.... I'm running a 4 blade prop.

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
          possible air in the prop wash until she gets planned out at the high level RPM?

Have some guys move around on the boat to vary your hull pitch and see how it affects it.

Comment

I dont have the 200.....but my 09 115 does the same thing. Seems to get better after a couple of hops while drifting. No codes either. Tried new filter, new bulb, checked indexing on plugs.......I am running a 19 cat with a PT 4 blade, Bobs LWP and normally jump the boat with the JP at 2-3. I am still under warr, so I'll wait and see

Comment

Here is a good link to E-Tec motors I'm sure you can find an answer to your questions here. I love my 150 2007 E-Tec no issues and plenty of hole shot even with 5 guy's in the boat.

Comment

Thanks, I have a post there too....

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                Here is a good link to E-Tec motors I'm sure you can find an answer to your questions here. I love my 150 2007 E-Tec no issues and plenty of hole shot even with 5 guy's in the boat.
                http://www.etecownersgroup.com/

Comment

I spoke to the owner of Stone and sons Marine about small issue about the E-tec, he said so few of them come in, that it's hard to pin point a common problem, because there are none .

He has seen a few issues covered under warranty, but all different.

- a power head
                  - a connection issue with electronics
                  - a compter replacement
                  - a tilt and trim

All of these are one offs .... and two of thr above happened on my 115 e-tec before I sold it .... but no issues with it since .....
                  FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Hadn't had any issues with mine yet other than a rough idle that I corrected with new plugs. I do know a guy that works on em -- I'll ask him about it next Mon when I see him.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                    X