Bait on Chocolate Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait on Chocolate Bayou

Does anyone know where to get live bait around the 2004 bridge on Chocolate Bayou? I'm new to the area.

sometime they carry it up the bayou at hores shoe marina ..... but they are very hit or miss ...

Best bet is bastrop marina, a 20 minute run by car from 2004 ramp
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Take a castnet early in the morning and catch all you need in chocolate up in the bayous or marshes.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Both of those answers are right!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

How's the fishing on Bastrop?

Comment

If you are good with a cast net (which I am not), the bayou is full of bait for the taking.

Other than that, x2 on Bastrop Marina. Make the most of the drive between FM2004 and the marina by rolling your windows down and blast your music as loud as you can tolerate while driving faster than you should until you get to the Bastrop Bayou overpass. Tone it down on the otherside of the bridge. The marina opens at 6:00.

Don't forget to post your report.
            Last edited by buoy37; October 14, 2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

You have a cast net and lights on your boat? I know a few spots!! Not that I have ever fished with bait or anything like that!! LMAO
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bouy37 View Post
                If you are good with a cast net (which I am not), the bayou is full of bait for the taking.

Other than that, x2 on Bastrop Marina. Make the most of the drive between FM2004 and the marina by rolling your windows down and blast your music as loud as you can tolerate while driving faster than you should until you get to the Bastrop Bayou overpass. Tone it down on the otherside of the bridge. The marina opens at 6:00.

Don't forget to post your report.
                Buy a small cast net and learn to throw it first like a 4-5 footer. Makes it alot easier and I catch tons of bait with it. You also can retrieve and reload quicker. Plus they are less expensive and cast nets do get tore up quite often. Also with a smaller one you can add rope to it and throw it further making the bait easier to catch.
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                  Buy a small cast net and learn to throw it first like a 4-5 footer. Makes it alot easier and I catch tons of bait with it. You also can retrieve and reload quicker. Plus they are less expensive and cast nets do get tore up quite often. Also with a smaller one you can add rope to it and throw it further making the bait easier to catch.
                  While down on the bayou a few weeks ago, I found several new cast nets in the garage that my son, little sister and nephew had won at tournaments over the years. I helped myself to one, but have not practiced with it yet. I have a nice patch of grass outside my apartment front door that I will be practicing on.

Comment

bouy37 .... next time you cach me down there .... I can give you a quick lesson
                    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

x2
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I keep my boat at Lutes Marine on Chocolate. Lute's doesn't carry live bait but Horseshoe Bend Marina right around the corner down the bayou headed to 2004 bridge does and has invested money into full live bait stand. Last summer he had good amounts of live shrimp, piggy perch and of course dead bait. After summer was over he never had any but has plans to ensure proper supplies once spring comes around. Here is the bait stand owners number to check before going out 713-906-2622. If he is out then Bastrop Marina seems to always have it and its 15 minutes one way from either Lutes or 2004 bridge. There used to be a bait stand trailer right under 2004 bridge but lost his permit two years ago. No one was there at all last year..good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X