8 mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 mile

Thinking about doing a wade saturday morning. Any pointers on which would be better, the end of 8 mile or sportsman. I tried 8 mile tuesday evening with little succes any advice would be appreciated or if there mite be a better spot to try.

By the way im from corpus just moved down here so any help is appreciated. The south shoreline sounds like a good spot is it accessible by foot how would i get there

Comment

Start early and work along the grass throw soft plastics then work the guts for trout and reds moving off or in as the tide moves...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Are you talking about the grass lines at the end of sportsman i didnt see any grass at 8 mile

Comment

If your going to walk in you might try the texas city dike or seabrook flats.This weekend if this wind lays like it has tonite the surf will long reel good as well.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yeah Sportsman
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

If you do Texas City Dike BE CAREFUL! Last weekend (or 2) twin 9 y/o girls drowned there and their father was in critical condition after trying to save them. GET A CO2 PFD. Kinda expensive but better than a funeral bill.

Comment

there are no fish there anymore and weekends are really crowded.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

what did you catch that time you said ''little succes''

Comment

nah 8 mile has no fish during the fall or winter..i fish there during the summer and has some great success catching reds trout and flounder..But you should try it...i suggest go somewhere else or go further west

Comment

try 99th street it runs on the side of moody gardens golf course...hug the golf course go down travel air....at dead end go right...when the street jump out and wade....great spot year round...dont tell anyone else...there is good redfish and flounder on shoreline pass the bridge...

Comment

thanks 4 the info.
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbill View Post
                          try 99th street it runs on the side of moody gardens golf course...hug the golf course go down travel air....at dead end go right...when the street jump out and wade....great spot year round...dont tell anyone else...there is good redfish and flounder on shoreline pass the bridge...
                          Good advice .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

End of sportman's is good a lot of the time. Winter waders out in front of the island usually can find some fish if you walk around you can find the mud shell bottom.

Wade to straight out then to your left and you can wade the shore line of the next cove. Good chance you can wade across the first big cove depending on how much water is in the middle that day. Past the gut it is shallow between the island and the small cove seperating it from the mainland. Plenty of mud to wade in for the exercise.

Several years ago before the gut between the island and the shore washed out too much it was deep there and a great little flounder hole during the early fall.

Comment

Working...
                            X