Fly report, Christmas 10/13-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly report, Christmas 10/13-15

Been fishing Christmas this week with limited success. Picked up one or two eah day off singles cruising the shoreline and a few pods of tailing fish. Went out this evening again. First spot I found a group of about a dozen tailing fish and landed one out of that group. The fish didn't know he was hooked until him and the rest of the school swam up about 5 feet from me where I advised him he had a hook in his mouth and then it was on. Moved on after that to the north shoreline, nothing a doing. Paddled NE about a mile or or so and that is were the story begins. Found pods of tailing reds all around me. Over the next hour I landed 5 more reds and lost 2 others. Lots of fish in the mudiest ugliest water you ever saw. I spooked 20-30 fish at the kayak. Water was just too dirty to see them, i was sight casting. Water clarity about 4 inches. Caught all fish in about 4-6 inches. On the way back I came across a school of 75-100 reds cruising the shoreline doin about 20mph. Cranked the the Kayak into high gear got her on plain and got ahead of the school got one good cast and landed the last one for the day. Anyway, great day, landed 7 fish in about 2 hours. Off to Colorado/Utah for the next two weeks to chase big browns and bows. I hope the fish are still there when i get back!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

fly fishing

very nice jighead. good picstures and report. im fixing to head out to check the beach front for some tarpon ,jacks, macks and whatever will bite. hope to have a report with pics.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Happy to hear someone is having success in Christmas.
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

good report
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Way to go Chris!! Sounds like a fun afternoon.
            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Dang, wish I could paddle over 20 MPH
                Just kidding
                Great report
                Finfisher

Comment

Working...
                X