First Cast Flattie and limit of reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Cast Flattie and limit of reds

Well I picked my Prop up from Bauman Propellers around 2:30 today. I took it in yesterday and they had it ready by lunchtime today. Did an awesome job on it. I'll get back to that in a minute. I then headed to the house. Repaired an Igloo that was busted up. Amazing how much better they work when you connect the lid to the Chest. And the latches are a novel idea!! Anyway seemed like I was never gonna get to the ramp in time to get in any fishing. I decided I was going to see how the prop worked out anyway. Launched at 5:15 and shot over to the bait hole. Man by taking a little of the OD off the prop made a big difference. Increased my RPMs to what feels right and planes out quicker.

So I pull up to the spot and glad to see a big ball of my silver friends piled up by the bank. I make the first cast and bingo all the bait I need for a quick evening trip. I start to pull those critters in and Uh Oh am I hung on bottom? Net breaks free and when I go to pull it up thought I had a bunch of horse mullet. Good news no Horse mullet but a big fat 17" Flattie. Heck yes first cast and dinner in the boat.

Headed out to the bay and found a hole and the luck continued 3 reds and a monster Snot Rocket. The reds are 26.27 and 21. had a blast. Caught the snot rocket on the last cast. Unhooked him and headed to the house.

You never know when you are gonna have a kick arse fishing trip!!!

Wish I would of had someone in the boat to take pics the sunset would have been awesome in the background.

I'll see you Jokers on the water tomorrow!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by corndog; October 15, 2010, 09:04 PM.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Let's repeat in the AM Ray.nice pic's and report......castnet a flounder you know what that means...them sucker's must be thick up in that there marsh....lol
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

bring your camera!! See ya at the ramp!!
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

nice report good luck tomorrow drag a brown lure on bottom the flounder are there!!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          nice report good luck tomorrow drag a brown lure on bottom the flounder are there!!
          Screw that Im gonna just throw the cast net. Team no hooks!! Naw we are for sure gonna work some shoreline for flatties. BTW the flatty was 2 ft from the bank tops in 6" of water.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Great day if you ask me! Good job...
            sigpic

Comment

Good fishing ray!
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice fish man!!!

Comment

Very nice,congrats
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nicely done .... thanks for the report and pictures !!
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                    X