Wgb & emb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wgb & emb

Last weekend I fished with Aaron Stillwagon in WGB looking for trout. We pulled up to our shoreline at 6 AM and could we could smell the slicks popping up, but we had to wait till 6:30 to start fishing. Shortly after getting out of the boat we were getting blowups in the dark, but no hookups. I switched over to a suspending jerk bait and immediately started to hook up with some solid trout. Shortly after that Aaron was sticking them with his topwater. By 7:30 we had a dozen around 2.5-3.3 pounds and decided to leave them biting, and still slicking, to look for some reds. Redfishing was a bit more difficult for us, but we did manage a few around 21".........Today I headed south to EMB and it turned out to be a nice day with a light NE wind that turned to the East later in the day. First stop was a south shore drain where I discovered I have a bad case of "CRS", left my boots at home. So reefs were out of the question for the rest of the day. Anyways, picked up a few trout on paddletails at the first spot and then headed to a area I caught a 25" trout two weeks ago, but it was covered up with boats out in front of it. Looked at a few other areas, but not much going on for me. Finally around two I was able to get into that area I wanted to fish. Pulled up right against the shoreline and with the east wind I was able to drift down the shoreline. It wasn't long I was spotting schools of reds swimming thru the grass and some were tailing up against the grassline. Then I saw two trout, both pushing 25" swim by my boat. Drifted just a bit furthur on, picking up two reds on a weedless spoon, and I then had to go back to where I saw those trout. This time I jumped out of the boat, working the area over where I saw them, but couldn't get a bite. Switched back over to the spoon and the reds eating it up. Must of caught a dozen from 18-25". By now it was around 3:30 and I was thinking of heading back in, when I saw these fish swimming towards me. She got within 6 feet of me and then turn off and it was a huge trout that was pushing 30", and so thick I wouldn't be able get my hand around her. Off with the spoon and on with a Corky. I made cast after cast in the area she headed to, but never did get her to bite. I did eventually catch her little 25" sister, which I released. I know where I'm going to be fishing for most of the rest of the year.... Here's a few pics, the first is from last week and the rest are todays.
    Attached Files

Great report Steve......I get that CRS thing all the time, but it didn't keep you from getting on em!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great report and good job!
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good fishing Steve!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice job Steve, I saw you last weekend on the south shoreline, I was further back in the cove.

Comment

Good job Steve...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice Fish!!! Thanks for the report
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

nice report Steve
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

nice pics, thanks for the report.

Comment

Nicely done !! Thanks for the great report .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice job,congrats
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good catching Steve those are some nice Trout. I saw you go by on Saturday,I was on the shoreline covered up by boats, kinda shut us down. I'm getting an early start next saturday...maybe 4am...lol

Comment

Thanks, I don't know if 4 AM is early enough. I thought I saw you, but there were boats everywhere. My best bite was after 2 PM.

Comment

nice catch and pics!
                            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Great report and fishing make for great pic's.
                              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X