Dealer service recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer service recommendation

I haven't been real pleased with my dealer service department. They are close , I'm at beltway 8 and I -10 west side , and the others seem to be near the coast . Oh ,well, still a quality place would be worth it . I mean maintaining , repairing my Yamaha 2 stroke outboard , trailer , electronics , trolling motor , and gelcoat repair . I know some of that stuff has to be sent out . But , I had some low RPM vibration on my lower unit and the shop couldn't get the gear box out...had to order a special tool . said no water in the lower unit . Now , 2-3 weeks later , they say I have water in the lower unit and metal shavings and I need a $2,500 new lower unit . It's a 2005 , 21 foot Explorer , with power pole . I had picked it up once before for the weekend and was to take it back for continuing repairs . When I got it to my storage I found my trailer side carpet on the floor of the boat , no one mentioned it had come off at the dealer , and my right trailer light was daggling by the wires after they replaced the broken light . If I can get things fixed right the first time it will be worth the drive . Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Stone & Sons 3410 Oak Forest, Houston, TX 77018 - MudSkipper has a great relationship with Jack Stone, nice guy I've met him a few times & they did some work on my Gulf Coast back when I had it.

or Kroll's Marine in Rosenberg (good service worth the drive) - they had my boat in & out before memorial day.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks , Coe , I appreciate it .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Stone & Sons is pretty darn good-x2 on them. I also like "Fred" at Redwing, he knows my boat quite well.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Whoever you take it to tell them you heard about them on FishWestEnd... We could use a good dealer / service place on the board for Houston residents.

Comment

Dude ... Stone and sons if you want it done right ....

They don't cut corners, and keep you on the water ... .tell outobard jack you heard about him from FWE ..... he can do a quick turn around like 24 hrs if you need it, and he has time .....
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Can you let everyone know who you have been using. It could save another FWE member some head aches. I am not saying to bash anyone just keep people informed.

Comment

I have had very good luck with Mickey's Marine in La Marque. They did all the repairs to my Sea Hunt after Ike and did a very good job!

Comment

Good idea , Coe , about mentioning WEA as a recommending source . I'll do it when I take my boat in....although hopefully not for a long while . I'll suggest the sponsorship . I bought my Explorer at LMC Marine on 45 north in 2005 and have had all my servicing done there . Not any more . Kroll's Marine doesn't seem much farther after mapping out the location .

Comment

I looked up Stone and Son's and they are closer than LMC or Kroll's .

Comment

You can't go wrong with Kroll's or Stone & Son's I've used them both. Both have great service!

Comment

High Tech Marine Mobile Service and Repair

High Tech Marine will provide mobile service and repair to most all makes and models of engines and boats. Keith has over 30 years local experience and is a Yamaha/OMC certified technician. All his customers love him and he has a great deal of repeat business. Give us a call! 832.385.9970 or email at mailto:high.techmarine@yahoo.com. Also visit our website if you would like more information.

Comment

I'll probably have Keith over to the Robalo for its 100 hour service. Is this something that he can tackle while its in the slip? What all is involved? This we have 300 hours but they say 100 hours for every service for a Yamaha 250...

Comment

Originally posted by hightechmarine View Post
                            high tech marine will provide mobile service and repair to most all makes and models of engines and boats. Keith has over 30 years local experience and is a yamaha/omc certified technician. All his customers love him and he has a great deal of repeat business. Give us a call! 832.385.9970 or email at mailto:high.techmarine@yahoo.com. Also visit our website if you would like more information.
                            thank you !!

Comment

The hundred hour service for your Yamaha 250 4 stroke includes changing the oil filter, engine oil, 3 fuel filters, water fuel sep. inline 10 micron, gear oil, water pump, 6 spark plugs, check timing and tension. The labor will be 2 1/2 hours to service the lower unit and 2-3 hours for the rest of the service. Call me if you would like to get on my schedule and I can go over the cost of all the above parts. I charge $40 call out charge and $80 per hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X