Snapper Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapper Sunday

Weather was perfect Sunday the 17th. Left out of Jamaica Beach in Mark's boat with my wife Lara tagging along for the ride. Very little wind and waves at about a foot. Hit the San Luis Pass bridge at 7:00 and ran out around 35 miles and 90-100 feet deep. Tied up to a rig. I went to the bottom and Mark fished roughly 30 feet deep. I was getting killed by trigger fish on the way down but managed a couple dinks. Mark was doing much better but still most of the fish were throwbacks. Moved deeper and caught more throwbacks. I did pull out my trout rod and baited the tips of a small treble hook with a small slip weight. Caught a big trigger and though I was going to get spooled but he tired and I got him in. Love eating those boogers. We moved off to the sunken ship and it was ON out there. We were catching big girls nearly every cast however none on bottom. I took all the weight of my line and mark used a small one. The bait would slowly drop to maybe fifty feet of water and that's where they were hanging out. We kept out three limits and kept on hammering the big girls. Each time we would say, ok one more and then we'll go in (my wife was tired) but we simply had to bait up as we were having double hook up after double hook up. Oh, I managed to scratch out a king as well which I love catching as they give such a good tug.

Got back in yesterday afternoon and had the trigger fish for lunch. Great day on the water...
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Nice going Brad. So Mark caught em all again for you!! How many did Floyd the dog catch?

That's a spadefish, not a trigger. We were wondering how yall did. I guess we're having grilled snapper this weekend!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

looks good!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice! I would like to tag along with you and Robalo on the buddy system in my boat one day if possible. I haven't fished much near shore but would like to. Great job on those big Snappers!
        If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

Good snapper fishing!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice catchin.....good report

Comment

WTG Brad.....Still looking forward to my first offshore trip!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice catch!
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                X