Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

I'm new to the board after being lured over from 2cool. My group will be fishing SLP this weekend and we're looking for some decent wading spots. I've gotten some good advice already but was also wondering about the spot at the end of Sportsman Rd. Anyone have any idea if it will be worth a look on Saturday?

Welcome Mike! Hopefully the engine check in a little while will be a success and I'll be able to take ya'll to a few more fishing spots. Enjoy the site.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

its going to be pretty breezy... I got Mardi Gras all weekend and am contemplating even bringing the boat down!

FRIDAY
      EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST IN THE
      AFTERNOON. BAY WATERS SLIGHTLY CHOPPY.

FRIDAY NIGHT
      SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. BAY WATERS
      CHOPPY.

SATURDAY
      SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST 15 TO
      20 KNOTS TOWARD EVENING. BAY WATERS SLIGHTLY CHOPPY INCREASING TO
      CHOPPY TOWARD EVENING. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
      NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS. BAY WATERS CHOPPY
      TO ROUGH.

SUNDAY
      NORTH WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST 10 TO 15
      KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. BAY WATERS CHOPPY DECREASING TO SLIGHTLY
      CHOPPY IN THE AFTERNOON.

SUNDAY NIGHT
      NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. BAY WATERS
      SLIGHTLY CHOPPY.

South Shoreline might be holding some fish prior to the front pushing through... Looks like Saturday is your day on the South shoreline.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome! See you out on the bay.

If I were you I'd bring the boat Coe, but thats just me. Have a fun and safe weekend guys.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Welcome to FWE.

Sportsman's isn't bad but I prefer SLP for wading honestly. The sandy bottom is very nice. SR is closer though. I've caught reds along the shore and if you wade out to the reef, there are plenty of drum and sheephead to be had on dead shrimp if that's your thing.

Didn't know about that front coming in. I'll definently be out on Sat. morning, mabey Fri. evening too.

Comment

Welcome! Good to see y'all out at Blockade Runners on Saturday.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Welcome Aboard
              NK
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

welcome

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                    If I were you I'd bring the boat Coe, but thats just me. Have a fun and safe weekend guys.
                    I brought the boat and ended up taking a pleasure cruise over to Blockade Runners... brought the fiance out for her 1st ride on the boat... Fished for 5 min and realized she's the type that needs a cork and shrimp... I have some teaching to do

Comment

Sounds like fun, thats how my wife is. I need to get a portable live/bait well for my boat for when she comes along. What is your plans for this weekend?

M.M.
                      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Not sure... I really want to get out and hit the water hard. There's a wedding show here in Houston this coming weekend hopefully that'll allow me get the free pass

Comment

Working...
                        X