Identify a fish for bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify a fish for bait

Friend of mine went to jetties and had no sucess. A person near hima was killing them with this bait. Wondering what fish this is?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Its a Blue running mars shad!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I call them yellow tails. They are everywhere in the surf during the summer.

Comment

Shad.......We caught a few on them yesterday.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Atlantic Bumper..

http://www.texasgulfcoastfishing.com...ic_bumper.html
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

ive never seen one stay alive after they were netted.

Comment

Saw a guy catch a 30 inch trout a few years ago at surfside beach around access 4 or 5 on one of those.too bad he wasnt in the STAR,he would have won.weighed around 9 pounds.he was sick
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks Guys.. I think he is excited about trying this bait. Last time he went he tossed out: Crab, Finger mullet, Shad, Dead shrimp, and a couple more. But nothing. He has been going to the surfside jetties every weekend, yet, no luck in a while. Ive tried convincing him to go the bay and do some wade fishing, or wade the surf. But he still has not gotten over the fear of sharks, current int the water, stingrays, and mud. One day Ill convince him

Comment

Originally posted by nokatchin View Post
                  Saw a guy catch a 30 inch trout a few years ago at surfside beach around access 4 or 5 on one of those.too bad he wasnt in the STAR,he would have won.weighed around 9 pounds.he was sick
                  Wasnt that the guy that got on the fishing boards and told the story of how good that trout tasted grilled w/ garlic and lemon butter?

Then he found out about the STAR and realized he just ate a 40K trout!

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                    Wasnt that the guy that got on the fishing boards and told the story of how good that trout tasted grilled w/ garlic and lemon butter?

Then he found out about the STAR and realized he just ate a 40K trout!
                    i believe so.his screen name was BigK.
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Yep..that was him

Comment

Working...
                      X