The fluid in my Jack plate motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fluid in my Jack plate motor?

I'm having a brain fart tonite can i use regular old power sterring fluid or is it hydro. fluid?
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Brake fluid.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      Brake fluid.
      No kidding Brake fluid!How come my old motor had a red looking fluid coming out of it when i checked it?

Comment

I use ATF hydraulic fluid
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          I use ATF hydraulic fluid
          That's what i used on the allweld's jack plate as well.

Comment

If its red it's ATF. If it's clear then you can prolly use reg hydraulic fluid or brake fluid like Mike said.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I wish i could have got the plug unscrewed tonite but o well there's allways tomorrow.Them cheap handheld allenhead foldup job's ain't gonna do the trick!lol

Comment

I just found my CMC manual and it says to use #2216 Mystic or SAE 20 or 30 non-detergent oil or tilt and trim fluid.

This is for my new CMC high speed lift.
                I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                  I just found my CMC manual and it says to use #2216 Mystic or SAE 20 or 30 non-detergent oil or tilt and trim fluid.

This is for my new CMC high speed lift.

Thanks Mike!My light bulb is burning brighter this morning i went to the CMC website and went under FAQ and low and behold there lie's the answer.I still can't break that screw loose i even soaked that thing in some aircraft lube i glenned from a customer.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                    Thanks Mike!My light bulb is burning brighter this morning i went to the CMC website and went under FAQ and low and behold there lie's the answer.I still can't break that screw loose i even soaked that thing in some aircraft lube i glenned from a customer.

Try some Break Free gun lube stuff and a dash of Pixie Dust. You may have to heat up the screw. If you have a welding machine try tacking the allen wrench to the screw. Let it cool a bit and see if it will come out that way. If not bring it over and we will get it out or throw it in the trashcan. Make sure your turning it the right way. righty tight lefty loosy just saying.
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X