Whats the story 007?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the story 007?????????

What is going on with your boat/motor? I never heard the results and now I am reading about JB weld and permatex and such.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

I thought I had dropped a cylinder last weekend when we were going to the camp. There was water shooting out of my top sparkplug. I pulled it apart and thought it was a head gasket and it wasn't. It wound up being a pinhole leak in the water jacket just above that plug. So I jb welded it temp. of course in hopes that it will hold for this weekend and them come Monday I'll put a new head and gasket on her.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'll give it 5 min then the fountain will commense
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Take a tow rope mc guyver.
        Last edited by boom; February 19, 2009, 07:33 PM.
        "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
        boom

Comment

It only pushes 12psi at 5000rpm wot. I should be good for the weekend. I'll test her good tomorrow afternoon before it even goes in the water.

Comment

I bet it works. That JB weld is amazing. They have repaired cracked heads on CAT diesels before, so if you get a good bond, it will hold some pressures.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Air test it at 20 PSI.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'll water test it at 12psi tomorrow. I'll trust the water before I trust the air. It'll hold. I'll take the 2hp kicker just in case.

Comment

Yep, Definitely fire up the Eska tomorrow and reckon a good way to put it on there
                  From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Don't forget your carpet fresh sandy!
                    boom

Comment

I hope the best for you. Is it a paper or copper gasket? If paper, you could have bought some gasket paper at the auto parts and cut to fit. Too late now. I think youll be fine. I have repaired a cracked thermostat housing with JB weld that sees 300+ temps and 15-30 psi. It held for 6 more months of constant operatiosn in the desert(it was a military vehicle).

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                        Don't forget your carpet fresh sandy!
                        You're getting as bad as J.........post padder. I mean cotton swab.

Comment

Just remember that I tried to save you from throwing up when you open the cabin door.
                          boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                            Just remember that I tried to save you from throwing up when you open the cabin door.
                            Sandy will open it while I'm on the boat.

Comment

You may want to put some duct tape over the JB weld just to be on the safe side. LOL Good luck with the fix
                              NK
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X