New Guy Looking For Bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Looking For Bait

New guy here. Where do most of you get your bait? I have been putting in at 2004, is there a better launch?

Thanks
    Dave

Let me be more specific: Where can I get live shrimp close to 2004 bridge?

Thanks
    Dave

Comment

closest place is bastrop. you should buy a cast net and catch mullet, they are everywhere right now.
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks
        I bought a 5' last night but I'm not worth a crap throwing it. I think thats an acquired art. So if you see someone out there throwing tocos and scaring off the bait fish, stop by and say hello, it will be me

Comment

Try Google, type in how to throw a cast net, which really helped me out.
          Shouldn’t take but a half hour or so practicing in the front yard. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the new castnet and chocolate is full of bait in the marshes in am.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Welcome aboard....go to Bastrop it's only 10-15 min from the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                Welcome and enjoy the new castnet and chocolate is full of bait in the marshes in am.

Reeltime wouldnt know where to find bait he is always late to the ramp and I have all the bait in the bucket by the time he gets there. Hey wait maybe he is smarter than I thought!!! HEHE If we see someone throwing a banana net we will stop by and give you some tips. Super Spook is the master!!!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Academy and FTU has all the bait you will ever need!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Call Sea Isle Bait camp the day before your trip and ask Steve if he will be out shrimping the day your fishing. If he is just get it right off the boat. He generally shrimps around the ICW in West/ Chocolate area.

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Where on bastrop?

Sea Isle is on the island but it may not be a bad idea to launch at 2004 and run over there if I plan on fishing that area. Does he have a dock to tie to while picking up bait?

The video tutorials didn't help one bit, I'm a taco slinging SOB. I have came to the conclusion that a lefty can't cast a net.
                      My brother on the other hand can lay it flat every time so I guess I found my fishn partner.

I was out there Sunday afternoon throwing plastic (DOA and shad) with no luck at all. Choppy and windy. It was my first time to get my line wet in this boat so I enjoyed the crap out of it anyway. Live shrimp would have made it better though.

Later
                      Dave

Comment

Hey Skiffrunner I have been throwing a cast net for years now and after you throw it for a while sometimes a taco comes up. Practice makes perfect. If you every need any tips look me up. I was down at the 2004 bridge this past sunday in the morning throwing the net and actually pulled in some mullet that were so big i had to throw them back because they were over 12 inches. If you see a guy fishing on the shore under that bridge with a beige Corolla look me up I can give you some pointers.

Comment

Working...
                        X