Looking for camping grounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for camping grounds

People from the church want to go camp at the beach front. My question is: Is the seawall open to camping, do they let people start fire, and its it safe to be out there during the night time. Does anyone have any recomendationss of where we can camp out. Probably about 50-60 people going.. We are also open to other suggestions such as any good river, or anywhere else. Does not have to be galveston, but that was our first place that came to mind.

Thanks

Ho! 60 people camping off the seawall in downtown Galv. with a fire going? I'm temped to tell you to go for it just so I can see how GPD likes it

I wouldn't suggest anywhere on the island for that, although you might get away with it on the W. End, closer to SLP.

Your best bet would be Surfside beach somewhere, or High Island. I regularly see camping and fires on both of those.

I'm not sure if you need a permit for one or both, maybe someone else can chime in.

I do not know of any good rivers for that big of a crowd.

Comment

You have lost most of the rights that you once had in Texas to YOUR beaches... and it is only going to get worse.. One of the worse things to ever happen was to give the city of Galveston to much control over the beaches..

Comment

Galveston State Park

Comment

State Park...
          sigpic

Comment

Camping is not a problem on the Brazoria side of the bridge. Freedom still rings in some places.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

the state park is the safest place i can think of without getting in trouble. ask kylie, one time he got a ticket for a fire out on the west end. i have had them tell me to put out a few fires too. so i would agree with yan, either the state park, SLP, or surfside area

Comment

Some big motorcycle event in Galveston soon ....best not go on the same weekend .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

No overnight camping or fires at SLP area is my understanding-plus a tendency for some scumbags (at least one lives very close - JT - ha ha). I would call TPWD and see what the rules are for GISP. I know Boy Scouts camp there often. Bolivar has open beaches, but again, can be some rambuctous crowds there. Surfside/Brazoria County is not staunchy like Lyda Ann's Give-Away Program that closed the beach basically.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

surfside or any state park
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      No overnight camping or fires at SLP area is my understanding-plus a tendency for some scumbags (at least one lives very close - JT - ha ha). I would call TPWD and see what the rules are for GISP. I know Boy Scouts camp there often. Bolivar has open beaches, but again, can be some rambuctous crowds there. Surfside/Brazoria County is not staunchy like Lyda Ann's Give-Away Program that closed the beach basically.

Mouth of the brazos on Bryan beach Good fishing and not too bad a place to camp
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think we are going to wait on the camping idea and just go to pine gully park on sunday. I remember doing night parties at crystal beach when I was younger. I think we are going to do some more research and rent out some cabins or find some nearby river. I know that GISP closes their gates, because before I tried launching their early, but gates open at 7am. If anything soungs like the guadalupe river or conroe are our best locations.

Comment

I think you got the right idea. Not sure how many of your group have beach camped, but it's something I've never really enjoyed. Too much sand and wind all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by eight View Post
                            I think you got the right idea. Not sure how many of your group have beach camped, but it's something I've never really enjoyed. Too much sand and wind all the time.
                            Drink a lot of beer and you will never notice the wind and sand...

Comment

Working...
                            X