Windy East & West Matty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy East & West Matty

Fished the TroutBlast last week and as Sneekpete stated "the wind is your friend" Man it blew! Prefished East and found lots of trout under birds, but nothing specktacular. Reds were on the south shoreline, but all seemed to be on the smaller side. Decided to head to West Matty and fish lakes and south shoreline. I witnessed something I have never seen. As we cruised our way into the lake, there were a tremendous amount of birds tightly working just on the surface. After trolling closer, it was an enormous amount of schooling Reds in different packs, with their backs out of the water. I could not reach them because the water was very shallow and to much shell, so we jumped out and caught em'. Again, they were nice Reds, but no weight. Headed to the south shoreline and found bigger fish. The water was in perfect shape, just windy. Interestingly enough, the sharks are still working the guts along there. My partner Ryan and I had a great day. Ended up getting second place Big Red and 4th overall stringer.

Last edited by Mell Wader; October 26, 2010, 03:34 PM.

Great report and pictures. Way to use the conditions to your advantage.Thats excatly what I was telling Plugger when we were discussing fishing conditions Sat morning.It took a determined mind to stay with the game plan and it paid off.

Comment

Awesome job Albert!

Comment

Good job Albert!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

WTG Padnuh! Good catching as usual. Sounds like a fun trip.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report and finish,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job and report.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Thanks for the report with picture !! Congratulations on your placement !! " THE WIND IS YOUR FRIEND " .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Good report and nice picture Albert.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Good job Albert!
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                      X