Bull Red Slaughter! 10/26/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Red Slaughter! 10/26/10

Well me and FWE member sfef84, Steve, finally hit bull red paydirt. We fished the east end of the seawall in the ship channel from rocks there and caught 1 slot red to 23 inches, a keeper trout I caught in the cast net casting for mullet, lol, AND 8 bull reds all over 35 inches! Initially I wasn't catching anything, and I soon discovered why. I was using too small a bait. I look over at Steve, who's been catching them steadily while I'm sittin there wondering why isn't anything biting my line and he's hooking up HUGE chunks of fresh cut mullet! I'm talking 6-10 inch chunks here. The bulls were in a feeding frenzy on these HUGE mullet! So at the end I decided to tie on some bigger tackle and try it. Line wasn't in the water longer than 5 mins and I hauled in about a 40 inch red. Yes he actually caught 7 bulls to my one but I was happy and content and we decided to call it a night. Anyways, we took lots of pics and and released the big fellas. Steve will post the pics as soon as he gets them uploaded I'm sure. Man what an evening though. Sure makes up for the countless hours we spent trying to hook up with these big bohemeths!

Sweet, congrats!
    "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

Comment

Nice,congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Awesome, ya'll had a goal, worked for it, and succeeded. Doesn't get any more rewarding.

So you gonna buy me a beer for suggesting that spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
          Awesome, ya'll had a goal, worked for it, and succeeded. Doesn't get any more rewarding.

So you gonna buy me a beer for suggesting that spot?

Absolutely!! Better yet, I'll bring a cooler of beer and we'll sit out there and catch us a mess of bulls!

Comment

Charlie beat me to the update but hes right... we left them biting. Had a double hookup at one point. We were catching em on 200lb steel braid leader and 13/0 circle hooks (needed every bit of it)

Anyone know any TPWD officers? If so, call em up and tell them to enforce the heck out of that area. The messicans are taking 2-3 Bulls per person and the Asians are taking anything they catch, including way undersized Reds. Don't mean to be a nark, but whats right is right. In a span of 2 hours I was there before Charlie, I saw at least 7-8 bull reds caught, filleted (ew) and discarded, and that is on a TUESDAY! Imagine the weekends. If no one knows a TPWD officer, ill call.

Anyway... After 2 solid weeks of fishing with a couple smacks and small sharks to account for, it was like the fishing gods said "Charlie, Steve... you hath put your time in... Ask and ye shall receive" We were chuckin out chunks, setting the clicker and couldnt even start a conversation before cllllick, click.... cli clic ZZZZZZZZZZZ hookup. It was awesome.
            Attached Files

Comment

We should have taken a pic of the castnet trout. He was sittin under a bunch of mullet gettin' fat. It was prob 20 in but looked like it was about to explode

Comment

Awesome job guys!! Congrats!

Comment

"""" Anyone know any TPWD officers? If so, call em up and tell them to enforce the heck out of that area. The messicans are taking 2-3 Bulls per person and the Asians are taking anything they catch, including way undersized Reds. Don't mean to be a nark, but whats right is right. In a span of 2 hours I was there before Charlie, I saw at least 7-8 bull reds caught, filleted (ew) and discarded, and that is on a TUESDAY! Imagine the weekends. If no one knows a TPWD officer, ill call. """.........You can call Operation Game Thief, 1-800-792-4263.......Put the number in your cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                    """" Anyone know any TPWD officers? If so, call em up and tell them to enforce the heck out of that area. The messicans are taking 2-3 Bulls per person and the Asians are taking anything they catch, including way undersized Reds. Don't mean to be a nark, but whats right is right. In a span of 2 hours I was there before Charlie, I saw at least 7-8 bull reds caught, filleted (ew) and discarded, and that is on a TUESDAY! Imagine the weekends. If no one knows a TPWD officer, ill call. """.........You can call Operation Game Thief, 1-800-792-4263.......Put the number in your cell phone.
                    Good Info... Ill put it in.

Comment

The number is also on the back of your fishing license.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                        Well this is what I've got :

Officer Jaime Pandlebury
                        jaime.pendlebury@tpwd.state.tx.us

Office 409-933-1947
                        Fax 409-9331964
                        24 hour # 281-842-8100
                        and as posted 1-800-792-GAME (4263)

Flood them with calls will get their attention . My question is if some of these folks are ilegals how do you get them to court or to even pay fines for that matter ?
                        Thats a good question and one that I do not know. What I DO know is that if TPWD has to give CBP a call, expect the crowd levels to be drastically lower.

Comment

Nice report-too bad about the game thieves. hope GW get after them.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the illegal fishing, but those guys were ruthless and just plain irresponsible to say the least. Hell they were even asking us to give them the fish we caught! It was great seeing the disgusting looks on their faces when we released the big boys to fight another day.

Anyways can't wait to get back from vacation to try it out again, and Steve, we gotta bring a better camera next time to document Part 2 of.....BUULLL REDDD SLAAAAUGHTER! STAY TUNED!

Comment

Pm me the detail and i will take it to the game warden that lives down the road.Outstanding catch and release guys.......ya'll's arms still burning!
                              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X