Anybody heading to GISP this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody heading to GISP this weekend?

I ventured out in the wind last weekend and I'm hoping for a better shot at some fish this weekend. I can't decide whether to go in the morning or evening. Anybody heading that way?
    I'm a real newbie: better at wading than paddling. I'd love to spend a bit of time with someone who knows what they're doing.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

I would expect the water level to be lower than normal Saturday after this front blows a lot of water out of the bays . The guts on the bay side of San Luis Pass , Galveston side , might have some fish....flounder are always around there . You just have to get out and start learning the terrain . Good luck !!
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks, Plugger. I'd love to hook up with a flounder! All I've caught so far are specs & sandies. Last weekend was too windy to paddle around much, so I'm hoping to get a little more time to explore.

Comment

Print out a map of the bay side SLP from Google earth and take it with you , I do . It's hard to tell where you are from water level , but it helps . I've been taking a hand held GPS to plug in key areas like merging guts , bends , end of guts , sweet spots , etc , so I can go back to those places . You start learning the area . It just takes time being out there .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks, Plugger. Excellent idea. Looks like I'll have to put it off a week or so. I just got invited to fish Chocolate bay. I've never been there so I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

you should kayak at old chocolate bayou,,,,you can put in your kayak at 2004....paddle across the water pass the island on right and go along the marsh ..alot of flounder and reds there this time of year ..i might be there sunday morning around 7am..in a yellow tandom kayak with my son...if you see me swing by and say hi and i can show you some good areas there....

Comment

Bigbill,
              I'll keep my eyes peeled for y'all!
              Sadly enough, I won't be yakking. A friend of mine that has been taking me wading offered to take me out on a (power) boat with a few others. I won't be behind the wheel/ paddle, but if I spot you I'll be waving like crazy! I'm a pretty big guy with brown hair, a beard and a nice sized handle bar mustache. I'll probably be wearing a yellow fishing shirt and a panama hat.
              I really don't know anything about the geography of our local water system. I've really only wadefished in the surf and a bit on the bay side. I'm hoping to learn a bit more about the surrounding area. The guy that's taking me is good, way too good a fisherman for me. But he's taking the time to teach me, and I'm not going to let that pass.
              I hope to post my first decent fishing post on Sunday night or Monday morning.
              Looking forward to meeting you,
              The Curmudgeon

Comment

Working...
              X