My boats DEAD, Gone, done for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boats DEAD, Gone, done for!

Sorry for the mispelled title, cant fix it.

Well guys, the boat that I was makin payments on earlier this year is no longer going to be usable. I was making payments on a 94 Kenner and the owner put it in writing that I dont take possision until Its paid for and title transferred. All in all I am calm with the situation so far.

Long story short, took me 3 months to pay for the kenner 18 with a 94 mariner 115. I did not even get a chance to own it or posses it. The owner had it in his barn in his son somehow got a hold of it and afterwords it does not start and trailers jacked from towing it with 2 flats.

I have been trying to have a boat that works for 3 years almost now. The kids father(Boat owner) said he would offered to work it out with me and the boat mechanic.

The settlement offer #1 Pictured below.
    Take a 79 20 foot make with a 150 Johnson thats in great condition but needs a wax and some TLC cleaning wise. Hull is sound, dual batteries 50 Gallon tank, storage on the floors, bimini top.

Offer #2 A refund of my money, about 4k

Over #3 Have the mechanic fix the tailer and outboard. The engine is toast from what it looks like, it was overheated and had no oil in the tank.

Offer #4 take a 18 proline with a 115 on it thats in great shape.

Not sure what to take.

What was my boat is the kenner 18
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PasadenaMan; October 29, 2010, 02:25 PM.
    NoBama

Take the money Josh! You can still get into a decent boat with that amount of cash.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'd take the money for sure, and wash my hands of people like that. Idiots.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Ask for the money back. Just blame it on the time of the year, Christmas etc. whatever and be polite about it hopefully you'll get it all back. Make sure it is either cash or Cashiers Check and I wouldn't accept anything less than 100%. If he wants to pay you in installments write up a simple contract and y'all both go to the bank and get it notarized and you both sign in front of the notary.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That sucks.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I might just ask for my money then. I found another craft i like so I hope i can get it this weekend.

This situation sucks but I am glad he is making good on the f' Up.
            NoBama

Comment

I'll sell ya my 17" 00 Kenner w 90hp 99 Merc if ya want to make an offer. Been sitting in the garage for a year (took it out in March and broke the trailer).. trailer bearing is bad so the trailer needs fixing.. other than that the engine runs strong and the boat is in good shape.

Just throwing it out there.. haha.. hope ya find another boat soon!
              Attached Files

Comment

Ill take option #2 for $4000 please. What a bunch of ding dongs to run it down like that. Well at least you dont have to worry about what ifs after you purchased the boat....
                2010 Eagle Nest Backlash challenge winner!!

Comment

Originally posted by PasadenaMan View Post
                  Thanks for the suggestions, I might just ask for my money then. I found another craft i like so I hope i can get it this weekend.

This situation sucks but I am glad he is making good on the f' Up.
                  Don't rush into anything just yet! Wait another month with that cash and start staying on top of the 2cool classified section or CL and you'll find the boat that you're looking for.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Take the money.....You lived up to your end of the deal and the seller didn't deliver the boat as he had agreed to do. Take the money and walk away from the seller. If he balks at giving you back your money, call the cops. Don't settle for a boat that will not do what you anticipate doing with the boat you tried to buy.

When you have all cash, you are in a better position to make a deal.
                    Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Definitely option 2!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Take the cash, take the cash, take the cash. Always take the cash.

And then I would NEVER (emphasis on never) make another trade like that. (making payments and not taking possession). Ive never heard of doing that.
                        Last edited by JT; October 30, 2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Take the cash, you can always find another ride!!!

Comment

MONEY...don't mess with him anymore .
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Quick Update:

Saturday morning I went to see the Mako, it was also for sale and being stored at my boat mechanics friends place of business. I thought that the owner of the kenner was the same as the mako. The make has a different owners.

My mechanic friend and I took the Mako out to the St. Bernard river to test drive it..
                              I liked it and decided to buy it with the refunded money. The make was a little more expensive but i haggled him down to about the same price as the kenner.

Long story short, please don't hate on me for buying the Mako. I did have another boat In mind and went to see it and there was less deck space than I thought.

I am having the water pump replaced this week so I can take it out this saturday.
                              The former owner of the Mako used this boat to go offshore and I am pretty excited about that once I get a 15 kicker.
                              NoBama

Comment

Working...
                              X