Shell Hopper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell Hopper?

Over the years, I have heard some guys talking about fishing the "shell hopper" up the bayou. Anyone one this forum know where it is?

A few friends and I made a trip up the bayou and never came across anything that resembled a shell hopper.

Ask barbra at Lutes
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

its there up bayou a couple miles
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

there is a house there now. its way up the bayou on the right.
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Look for the shell all along the bank, kind of a dead give away. I would guess 2 miles from Lutes. Good winter spot for me when the wind is blowing 500 mph and its cold.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for all the intel.

We probably went right by it and did not notice. We were looking for an old piece of machinery. I will make sure and look for the shell on the bank next time.

Comment

By a bulk head>>>>>
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

there are actualy two shell hoppers, the "new" shell hopper is the one most folks are referrring to. there is a bulkhead right before a house on the bayou with a boat lift. the "old" hopper is a little farther up the bayou just before you get to the camp for kids. usually you will see a few folks fishing from the bank.
                like ap said, very good winter holes...

Comment

OK, I'm the newby to TX and saltwater fishing in general. What in the world is a shell hopper and how do I identify it when I see it? Going to try and get out Friday, may run up north of the bridge if we get blown off the bay.

Comment

The shell hopper(s) are places that used to load barges with oyster shell many years ago. Believe it or not they used to run barges way up Chocolate.Now all that remains is remnants of the old steel buulkhead and the oystershell on the ground. Stop in or better yet launch at Lutes and ask Barbara for directions.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingrx View Post
                      there are actualy two shell hoppers, the "new" shell hopper is the one most folks are referrring to. there is a bulkhead right before a house on the bayou with a boat lift. the "old" hopper is a little farther up the bayou just before you get to the camp for kids. usually you will see a few folks fishing from the bank.
                      like ap said, very good winter holes...
                      Thanks for the information.

I think I may have a good idea of both places you have mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                        look for the shell all along the bank, kind of a dead give away. I would guess 2 miles from lutes. Good winter spot for me when the wind is blowing 500 mph and its cold.

Aqua pimp
                        Found It!!!!!!!

Thanks for everyones clues to its location. It is pretty darn obvious.

Comment

Working...
                        X