Short but Sweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short but Sweet

After keeping a close eye on the winds and water levels all day I had enough with being stuck indoors so I decided to head out for a quick evening trip close to home. I decided to pack light and only tote along my fly rod, fly box, and a net.

After a short drive I arrived at my location and was greeted with calm water and low tide. Perfect conditions for fly fishing the marsh. I ended the trip with six reds up to 26″. I also managed to break off one and lose two more during the battle. My flies of choice were a grass shimp in white and a spoon fly in gold. Not bad for only two hours of fishing and a short drive from home.

Additional photos here...

If it's any question what they are feeding on here's the stomach contents of one small slot red...

Comment

Awesome report and pics......Thanks!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Nice couple of hour's of fishin right there....BTW i'm surpised Jeremy didn't PM you to see if he could come over and pick that chum up!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice report. Did the same thing this evening. Instead of dropping the skiff in, I took the kayak. Marsh was on fire. Went 4 for 7, largest was 30. Should of taken the camera, the fish were chasing the shrimp onto the mud. Only spent about 2 hours on the water.

Comment

skiffstiff

JP,
                Thanks for the update on the marsh & the pictures.

SKIFFSTIFF

Comment

Working...
                X