Nueces Bay On Halloween Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nueces Bay On Halloween Morning!

Wish Me luck I'm hitting Nueces Bay at the Hart Primative boat ramp.lol You should see this boat ramp....I forgot my camera...Oh well wish me luck Report coming on monday night....later's
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

There are some bigguns there, getyasum

Comment

Give em h3ll!!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

good Luck!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good luck!
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Good luck Chris, looking forward to your report.
            A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Nueces Bay as in the Back Bay...used to fish that with my grandpaw many many moons ago. Lots of reef, some big trout and reds run there. Good luck Chris!
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Well guys i had a blat down there.We started in the dark launching in the river and hit the mouth of the Nueces as the sun rose.We started down a shore line near a marsh drain because the red's were busting the shoreline with them tail's just saying come catch me if you can.The birds were working something fierce in the middle of the bay but we ignored them trout for now.There were a couple of birds working the pod of reds we were chasing.We both threw at the same time and Al hooks up with a red on the first cast and i get's nada.lol I throw everything from Jiggle I Joe to damed if i know at them reds and still catch none.Ole Al is grinning and still catching them here and there on the only two pearl jerk shad glup! We move from here to there looking and finding reds but no takers.I wish i would have brung the camera for this one red that was a rat red..I'm running the trolling motor and i wisper to Al look overthere.. which the shore was about 8ft or less and he saw the red right on the bank.so he throws his bait and it scares the red away......the water clears and the red is back in the same spot..WTH....he chuncks the bait two more times and the same thing happens and i guess the red left because i almost fell out of the boat laughing.Them bird were still working out in the middle of the bay and i was like let's go fish them because i'm skunked.....all morning nobody even worked them birds.We got under them and preceed to catch dinks for about 45 min and we had had enough of that with no keeper....skunk has left the building....lol We went across the bay and fished a few more spot's with a few hit's but not much luck.Man i had a blast with a good friend that knows the nueces like the back of his hand.

Monte yes the back bay with all the reefs and the mouth of the rivers has changed since you have fished it.maybe
                Last edited by reeltime; November 1, 2010, 06:36 PM.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Good report Chris. Nueces is a cool bay.

Comment

I have never been there but sounds like a cool place! Good report...

Comment

Working...
                    X