Sat 10/30/10 redfish everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat 10/30/10 redfish everywhere

My boss at work has been fishing for awhile but has not had any luck catching fish. So I invited him and a New Zealand professor that came in to the university for a few weeks. My mission was to put them on some good texas size redfish. My day started of the worst I could imagine... I broke the tip of my rod (rod still worked, but need to replace), I forgot my gulp and jigs (lickily my boss had extra), and to finish it off I forgot my paddeles at home (24hr walmart had some wooden canoe paddles that did the trick).

After all the bad we started to launch at 5:45 am and on the way to our spot I could here redfish crushing bait in the shoreline. We get to our spot still at dark and explained to my boss and coworker what to look for, imediately my coworker hooks upon after a blindcast. Result of not setting the hook causes the flounder to show itself and open its mouth and go. He learned his lesson and from this point on he set the hook.

All redfish were sight casted to and caught on gulp shrimp and jerkshads. All found solo, some eating some cruising.

Total:
    NZ coworker: 2 redfish 1 flounder.. only one take home other red broke his line just when he was getting him in the net.

Boss: 2 undersize redfish

Me: 3 redfish.. two take home, other lost in battle.

Met up with tumtum and redkayaker. They found nothing but skools of redfish no smaller than 22 inch. and trout under the birds.

TumTum: 2 redfish (one lost in battle)

Redkayaker: 5 redfish (two lost in battle)

First Pic coworker and my stringer
    2 pic TumTUM, redkayaker, and my stringer
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fishingRED; October 31, 2010, 07:45 AM. Reason: add on

Good trip!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

WTG!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

MENNNN!!! what a day.......Yea my succes has been on those gulps

Comment

Great report......Way to put them on some fish!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report, nice outing! Thanks!
            At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

good job walter

Comment

I want a yak
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

WTG !! You need to take some of those memory suppliments !!
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice catching,congrats
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                        I want a yak
                        Kayaks can be awesome, but boats are also great! NOw a boat with a kayak transporter, that its the best!!!!

Comment

Nice Trip!

Comment

WTG

Comment

Working...
                            X