Bastrop Bay 10.30.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastrop Bay 10.30.10

The Yamaha VMAX HPDI has been out of commission so it has been a while since I have been on the water. The last trip out, I noticed the engine running real rough at idle, but at higher RPMs it wasn't noticeable so I didn't think it was anything major. After several unsuccessful attempts to diagnose the problem (replaced fuel/water separator, inspected the fuel filter, inspected the spark plugs and checked the resistance of the spark plug caps and ignition coils to make sure they were in specification), I decided to take it to the dealer. Compression test revealed a DEAD CYLINDER - it just sounds expensive. Thanks to the good folks at Mt. Houston Marine for providing Yamaha photos, diagnostic data and my service records and Yamaha for providing me a brand new powerhead even though my extended warranty expired eight months ago - saving me in excess of $5K.

Now for the fishing report. With the passing of the first significant front, I transitioned to my fall pattern - working the marsh drains in search of flat fish. Even though shrimp were visible along the grass line, I had a hard time locating flounder. I only caught one 16" flounder, but I did catch a limit of reds to 22" (six total slot reds) and two trout to 17.5". Sure was good being back on the water.

JQ
    Attached Files

Good deal
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job James. That cylinder looked exactly like my Mercury cylinder when I lost it after only one year.

Thanks for the report.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Good posting!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Very Nice!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice!!! First of all, glad to see that you are back in business... that old piston looks like crap. Also glad to see that you still have the fish trained to visit your special marsh drain every Fall. Be sure to leave some for me.

Comment

good job!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

U got u Some!! WTG! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

sweet!
                  "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Working...
                  X