2/21 West Bay reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/21 West Bay reds

Waded some S. shore coves this morning. Some walk-in guys were already wading where I was going, so I went further West.
    I fished some mud & shell and caught two 18-20" trout on a motor oil BA 1/8th. jig. I worked out deeper, and found a small shell hump tapering off into the intersection of two guts.
    I switched to a rootbeer/red glitter BA and first cast hooked up to a good fish moving straight East, then off. I pretty much stood in one spot over waist deep casting to this one area. I caught seven reds 22"-27". Great morning!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice report Kenny. Those reds are fun!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice job, I love catching reds.

M.M.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Thanks for the report Kenny.

Comment

Nice job Kenny! I think I say you out there today, was that you wading just east of that certain reef of a certain spot .

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Yep! Was that you guys wading further back?

I hate jig fishing, but this time of year during the transitional period, if it produces I'll throw plastic.
            Did you notice all the birds working (sort of) all along the same zone on the S. shore? I wonder if they're on glass minnows or those tiny red worms?
            Anyone do any autopsies today? Check stomach contents?
            Last edited by kenny; February 21, 2009, 07:34 PM.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Yes sir. I fished that whole entire area with nothing but 3 Flounder to show for our efforts LOL. That tide was a little high up in there this morning. Bait everywhere! I didn't want to leave, I was ready to grind it out there and wait for the bite.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

nice catch.. i got out late afternoon thanks to mardi gras last night, got rained on and froze my sack off...
                Boats and hoes.

Comment

Nice job on the catch. I went out Sat. afternoon. First stop, south shorline caught two nice trout, one on a She Pup and one on a Gulp. I looked north and saw the storm heading my way, but decided to be close to home and make one more wade near Pirates. Got out of the boat and BAM, the storm hit.....25 mph out of the north....rain sideways. I just put my hood up on the Frog Togs and keeped fishing.....that's when the reds went nuts.....had a blast catching and releasing. It may have been pressure that made them feed. By the way, I was waist deep over scattered grass.

Comment

Great report guys!!
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                      nice catch.. i got out late afternoon thanks to mardi gras last night, got rained on and froze my sack off...
                      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Nice catching.Congrats
                        NK
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Kenny-I went east a little bit and nada. I was dang tempted to try where you went, but that dang flu kept me close and I wasn't up to any run. Nice catchin!!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

A quality posting!

Comment

nice report! for ya'll fishing the S. shorline, how deep we taking the boats? to clarify, are setting up just out of the coves OR taking your shallow runners into them?

Comment

Working...
                              X