Flyfishing Report 10/30-31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyfishing Report 10/30-31

Near perfect conditions set up on Saturday & Sunday for Flyfishing.Clear sky & light winds(sometimes no wind) made poling a pleasure and fishing top drawer.I caught 11 reds and one 25.5 trout on Saturday.All the reds were small 18 to 20 inches but they had pleanty of spunk and pulled hard.The trout was a special treat.Sunday fishing was very good but the catching was tuff because it slicked off which made approaching the fish very difficult as all the bait fish would move out ahead of the skiff and alert the reds and trout.I managed to catch one 22 inch trout and 6 reds.I had a Mongo red 30 plus inches on for a minute or so untill he ran under the grass and broke me off.The 6 red that I landed on Sunday were19 to 21 inches.All of the fish were caught on my Cactus Shrimp Fly.I am still smiling from this past weekend.

Skiffstiff

Pictures from 10/30-31 from Skiffstiff

Pictures from 10/30-31 SKIFFSTIFF
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Joe. Catching a 25.5" trout on a fly is some feat!! Nice report and great pics-thanks.

When I saw you coming in, that was neat-that skiff of yours almost sounds like a airboat the way it flies across the water.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Awesome.....Sounds like a blast!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Flying and poling solo you must have mad skill's!Nice pic's and post.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Comment

Nice report! You have those trout wired.

Comment

From one of your pictures, it looks like you are poling from the platform when alone. When i am alone, i find the skiff poles better from the bow, with stern facing forward. I will typically strip out my line and lay the rod and line on the deck. When I pole from the bow I find i can get about 2 inches shallower, maybe more. Plus the skiff tracks better.

Comment

poling solo

Tidalguide,
                  You are right on about poling from the bow.I just rigged up my platform's sissy bar to hold my pole clip along with my Fly rod.I hang my stripping basket from my sissy bar.I can move from push pole to Fly rod with out looseing sight of my target fish.As for as the trout go I have just been lucky on some of the them.I am zero fer on the really big girls.

Skiffstiff

Comment

fly fishing

Well done Skiffstiff. Those are some good pictures. Keep em coming.

Comment

Way to go Joe!! I wil probably cross paths with you this weekend. Got My dad in town from Florida Sunday and will try to get him on the water for a little sight casting.
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

where were you? water looks nice. is that fly one you came up with or can i find that online?

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                          where were you? water looks nice. is that fly one you came up with or can i find that online?
                          jackh, that there Cactus Shrimp was developed by SKIFF STIFF. He is a "legendary" fly tier. If you get a few chunk some my way. I have had him on my boat and fished on his boat and still cannot squeeze any Cactus Shrimp out of him. Perhaps "the price is not right!" JK!

Comment

Working...
                          X