10-30-2010 west bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-30-2010 west bay

Friday , I put in at Fat Boy's and via the intracoastal Canal , headed straight for the flats behind San Luis Pass . The tide graphs showed a morning standing tide at SLP , then an outgoing tide . This trend was shown to repeat itself as you went from the west to the east end of West Bay . So , my plan was to start at the west end and fish my way back to the east end catching the tide moving during the course of the day . The day was sunny , wind WNW and clocking around to finally SE in the afternoon , bumping up to 12 MPH in the afternoon. The water was sandy green 6-8 inches visibility . I waded The SLP flats , had some finfish present , found the beginning of a gut as indicated by the observed tide line , and followed it casting into and around the gut and adjoining flats with top waters , plastics , 51 MR and brokenbacks without results . I fished for about 2 hours .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

I then went to Alligator Head and followed the grass line to the Intracoastal Canal and swung out a little to the flats fishing back to the boat .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

Following the grass line , I picked up a keeper flounder , and by casting towards the flats , 2 small keeper trout . The tide was coming out of the Intracoastal Canal and baitfish activity was present as the current swept around the point . A few more too small trout were landed . The trout were mainly caught by my seeing swirling and bait at the surface and casting into the spot .
      Attached Files

Comment

Continued

Next , I went to Carancawa Cut and caught several small trout on Gulp 5 " chartruese shad , lost a couple and had one small keeper . I waded to the Intracoastal Canal and back . It's a muddy slog to wade near the cut and I was pooped out by the time I got back to the sandy area around the boat .
        Attached Files

Comment

END

Time had flown , and it was late afternoon . I made a run to Snake Island Cove . The wind was now SE at 12 mph and dirtying up the water , so , I thought I would check out the south shore line . I fished briefly there and Hoecker's Cove without result . The water wasn't any better there . The light was fading , and I made a quick run into Green's Lake and didn't have any more success there. Finally left as the sun dipped below the horizon . I had hoped for a better day , but , those few fish sure did fry up nice .
          Attached Files

Comment

Another great day on the water.....

Comment

Great report Henry!
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good Day Anyway

Thanks for the report and great pics Plugger!
                Fishwhisperer

Comment

very nice
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Doc,
                    Nice report and pictures. See you on the 16th.

Dale

Comment

Nice Henry....Gulp hummm
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yeah GULP , they are effective......I know,I cheat !!

Comment

Working...
                        X