Cabin Fever Flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Fever Flies

I haven't had the chance to get on the water lately because of the weather and other obligations, so I spent some times behind the vise. A few of these patterns are my first very attempt. Constructive criticism welcome.

Additional photos and flies here...
    http://castingtales.wordpress.com/

Assortment...

Rattle-Belly...

Organized Clutter...

Looks great, I wish I could tie... Never learned bought a little small starter set one time never followed through with it. Nothing like tying your own fly and then getting a hook up!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Looks great, I wish I could tie... Never learned bought a little small starter set one time never followed through with it. Nothing like tying your own fly and then getting a hook up!
      I'm not very experienced myself. It's not as hard as it looks. It definitely gets easier with time. Just another hobby to take up spare time when weather is not cooperating or I can't get on the water.

Comment

Flies look nice. Are the patterns from a particular sources? Some look like patterns from a book I have of patterns for the Texas coastal waters.

Comment

Originally posted by volyak View Post
          Flies look nice. Are the patterns from a particular sources? Some look like patterns from a book I have of patterns for the Texas coastal waters.
          Thanks. These flies are copies of either flies I was given or stuff I bought. I'm sure these patterns can be found elsewhere, online or in print, as they're pretty popular patterns.

Comment

they look pretty good to me. well done!

Comment

Good looking flies Jeremy!
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
              X