Seal replacement job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal replacement job

After finding some oil leakage, pulling the prop and removing what looked like 120 lb braid I noticed the top of the prop shaft seal starting to go. The motor is a 1991 90a hp Nissan. I know most people say to take it in and get all seals and water pump replaced but this just SEEMS like an easy fix but I suppose I'll let the real mechanics handle it to avoid a shot lower unit. Any idea on what this will cost? Also if there are any mechanics on here let me know before I take it to Finish Line. Thanks
    Live every week like its shark week

it's really isn't that hard to replace the seals. It's an afternoon of work. Of course, I broke the shift shaft the last time. I read some where that some peeps are able to replace the first one with the shaft in place....

Comment

if you take it to a shop they dont pop the prop shaft unless there is a real problem all you need to do is drill a small hole on opposite side of the seal and get a screw that you can tap into the holes you drilled and use some pliers or flat head screwdrivers and pull it out evenly thats what i did with my 90 johnson hope this helps

Comment

+1 Thats what I use to do when I did seal replacement at the dealer.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Working...
        X