Chocolate Bayou 11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 11/7

I slid the jon boat into the bayou around 12:00pm to do some bayou fishing. While at the Lutes ramp, I met a new FWE member that goes by the name of Skiffrunner. We had a good 20 minute conversation about the Chocolate complex. During our discussion, a guy in kayak paddled up with a respectable stringer of reds and specks that he caught up the bayou. Time to head out.

I made a short distance run to the first ski ramp on the right and anchored. Within five minutes of being there, I hooked a couple of specks and a red. All three were decent sized fish, but no keepers according to the TPWD. I caught a few more specks of similar size and decided to move on. I went up bayou and back down past Lutes. None of the spots were active, so I went back to the ski ramp. I nailed a few more specks and couple of sandies. Two more reds were hooked right before I called it a day.

A total of ten specks and three reds were caught. All were a 1/2" or less away from being keepers. I didn't have plans on keeping any fish, but it would have been nice to hit the state marks.

bouy

You went right past me at the ramp and didn't even say "hi".
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice report!Chocolate sure did look good today from the 2004 bridge!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Very good!
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          You went right past me at the ramp and didn't even say "hi".
          Man, I was checking out your boat and wasn't paying attention.

Comment

at least u caught some.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report .... 007 should be used to being ignored by now .... don't worry about it . !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey 37
                Thanks for the tips at the dock. I enjoyed metting a fellow FWE member and may take you up on the tour. I didn't realize that I was soaking my trailer bearings the whole time we were talking. I was amazed that I could block a ramp for about 20 minutes without pissing off a fellow boater. That said alot for Lutes right there.

My wife enjoyed the bayou boat ride and she even casted a few so I ran out and bought her a reel last night. I got her right where I want her

Dave

Comment

Nice report......Thanks!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Skiffrunner View Post
                    My wife enjoyed the bayou boat ride and she even casted a few so I ran out and bought her a reel last night. I got her right where I want her

Dave
                    Dave, it was nice talking to you the other day. I am glad to hear your wife enjoyed herself on the bayou. I am going to send you a friends request to make contacting you a little easier.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                    X