Fly Fishing report 11/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Fishing report 11/7

I was able to get out on Sunday and do some sight fishing.It's a good thing that I decided to put on my wnter battle gear before I got the skiff out into the bay because it was a nasty wet and chilly ride on the wat to the fishing area.The wind was up which made it harder/easier to handle the boat,the pushpole and the flyrod.I had to put out a small drift sock to slow down( that helped) but it was difficult to try any cross wind cast with some accuracy.I stayed on the skiff until early afternoon haveing had about 25 to 30 shots at trout and reds while catching none.I set the anchor and went on a wadeing expedition.It was fruitful as I did hook two good reds(23-24).What a sight it was to see those reds snakeing along with their eyes bairly covered in water.I caught them using a small yellow Seaducer on a size 8 hook.It was a great bay to be outdoors.

SKIFFSTIFF
    Attached Files

Very nice Joe!! Great pictures-the third one is really good-the way the spot shows up is perfect!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

great pics.

Comment

Good job Joe and great pics! Those fish weren't exactly being cooperative. We missed a lot of shots, wind wasn't helping at all. The air clear water didn't do us any favors either. It was still awesome to see some of the bigger fish that were there.
        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I was hunting in the bay on Sunday and saw SOOOOO many boats poling it was incredible, I must have passed 20 boats and the wind was ripping a good 15 MPH, the bay was certainly whitecapping
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great Shots and great report! Out of curiosity, what time was it when the reds starting feeding more aggressively on the flat? I typically had my better bites on a rising tide there.

Comment

I started my wade around 1or 1:30.Stayed out till 3pm or so.
              Skiffstiff

Comment

Cool thanks. Great looking skiff you have there. What is it?

Comment

Great report......Sounds like a fun day!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                  X