Emb 11-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emb 11-15

Fished E Matty yesterdaywith a buddy and found some water on the south shoreline that wasn't to beat up from the wind and holding a little bait. We pulled in just after sun up and eased out for a wade in the mud bottom. There were three gulls working and I eased over and picked up a 19inch trout and they were gone.

My buddy spanked my all day. He was throwing an ED lure and caught 8 keeper trout to my one. His largest went 25. I also caught a 30 inch red that took me for a ride with the little MG and light weight rod. He also caught a few reds.

Thats how it goes sometimes he fished with one lure and spanked em and I threw the the whole tackel box and caught one.

The water has cooled off and winter fishing is here.

Nice day,congrats on the catch
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report.....Thanks,
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

thanks for the report. I hope to get back out into my bay soon!

Comment

Thanks for the report !! It happens to everyone....order an ED'S SPECIAL , then throw it , and , they'll probably be hitting what you threw this last trip !!
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I have to switch to a medium action rod to throw lip baits and a few other lures.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

WTG Nice report!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

is he still selling that bait for $20?

Comment

Gilbert, he still sells em for $20, you can also pick em up at the harbor. I just ordered Rebels online and Im going to paint yellow dots and pink teaser on back treble after I change out the hooks. It will end up costing me about 1/2 the cost.

Comment

EDs work that's for sure...post up a pic when you get em made. Do one with pink dots for chits and grins!
                    Don't be a Nancy!
                    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockfish View Post
                      Gilbert, he still sells em for $20, you can also pick em up at the harbor. I just ordered Rebels online and Im going to paint yellow dots and pink teaser on back treble after I change out the hooks. It will end up costing me about 1/2 the cost.
                      I make my own. $20 for a bait is nuts. I ordered my rebels on line also. Leave some unpainted, they work when the painted ones ain't.

Comment

Working...
                      X