Men's Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Retreat

Hadn't posted much do to working my tail off for the last 7 months. That job didn't work out and soon I will be back at Forest Park East here close to home, helping people make arrangements and plan ahead. Hopefully, that is going to be better for me and the family, and I will get to do some more fishing.

Got back Sunday from 3 days in Sargent, with a group of 19 guys from church, in 3 cabins. We didn't find any Mako sharks like last year, but we did have a great time down there. I recommend Caney Y rentals if you are looking for a great place to stay.

Some guys just pier fished and caught all manner of fish. Others went to area golf courses and knocked around the little white ball.

I waded one morning chunking tops and I caught one 20+ trout and had a few other blow ups, but it was very slow. Fishing the pier lights was really good one night. We had 2 boats and took some of the other guys out drifting and looking for birds with live shrimp a couple of times . The water was in really bad shape in most areas but we still caught some fish. Most fish were small but we did put together more than enough trout, reds and flounder to have a good fish fry on Sat. Night. Capt. Gene Allen ferried our 2 kayakers out on Friday and put them in a good area for some trout and reds.

The bowed up pic was posed, but I still like it!

We had 3 vistors join us that are not members of our church and they had a blast. If any of you fellas are interested in being part of this event next year, please .let me know.
    Attached Files
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Great report and pics Scott! Sounds like a great time.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sounds fun Scott. I'd be interested
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Forgot to mention that we gathered each evening after dark, to share a devotion prepared by volunteers. That's important!
        Scott
        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Sounds like a great getaway,thanks for sharing
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like a great time!

Comment

Great report and pictures Scott. I would be interested in joining you guys next year.

Comment

Working...
              X