Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones

I fish Jones lake 3-4 times a week. I don't want to start a new thread all the time, so I will use this one for little fishing reports.

11/16
    Went in the evening to watch the birds. Saw a large flock of them and they were looking, but never found fish for me. I found bait running along the shoreline by the diversionary, caught one small redfish there. Mosquitoes picked up so ran to the open area (where the birds had been working last week) to get away from them and drift. Picked up a few trouts and a 20" flounder on gulp shrimp. Then hit the lights in Bayou Vista on the way back home and caught 6 or so redfish and trouts.

Nice catch and report,congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report. Just do a new thread a week and add for each trip. If you don't do that it will get too long to read.

Comment

Nice job! Love fishing Jones in the winter!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great report.....Thanks!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

good job!

Comment

Nice evening of fishin!
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Went again Yesterday evening. It was really windy so I thought I'd just mess around in the marsh drains. There was nothing going on in them and I had forgotten it was the weekend so they were kind of crowded. The wind didn't have Jones as rough as I thought it would be so I ran out towards the intercoastal and drifted. Picked up a flounder right away and then 2 small reds, guess the trouts moved on. Not sure why I'm catching flounder in this area. Once again there were no birds working. Water clarity was excellent (for West Bay), glad to see the winds didn't muddy it up again.

Comment

Way better than sitting around the house like I did. I'll be out there helping you after wed.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Maybe we can work it in shifts. I'll be gone Wednesday, thru the weekend, and probably all next week. Keep track of those fish for me.

Comment

Will do!
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice going....thanks for the reports !!
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Went out yesterday to check everything out in the extra low tide. Didn't have to put the rods down to go under the railroad bridge. Water along the "channel markers" in Jones was clear and about 1.5' deep. Didn't find any bait, and never picked up a rod. Did find plenty of old unmarked crab traps, hit one. Forgot to check the water temp in the bay, it was 52F in my canal. Looks like most of the water is back this morning.

Comment

Ahhhh Jones. We used to make drift patterns over the big hole and fish the shell outside and to the right of the spillway. Thanks for the report.

Comment

water was pretty good today. not too clear ( in places). picked up a few nice trout and some throwback trout and reds.
                              michelle

Comment

Working...
                              X