Took My Grand Father Fishing 11/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took My Grand Father Fishing 11/20

My Grand Father has been fishing Chocolate off and on for several years. After the passing of my Grand Mother several years back, he made it a regular occurance to hit the water at least every other week. His life has taken a new course and he hasn't been fishing since last year. I felt it was time for him to wet some lines, so I gave him a two week advance notice that I wanted him to join my wife and I for some Chocolate Bayou fishing. He agreed.

We met at Lutes and off we went. The sunrise bite was on and we were on some fish within minutes of leaving the marina. My Grand Father is pushing 80 years of age and after a year off, his casting and hook setting skills were a little rusty. He missed a few while fishing under a cork and decided to change his presentation. He tied on a slow sinking plug and as soon as it hit the water, a fish hit a ran a good ways before coming off. Second cast and......WHAM!!! FISH ON for my Grand Dad. He called for a net and it turned out to be a really nice speck that put a smile on his face and a memory in my heart for a long time to come.

Several more fish were caught that morning. He boxed what he wanted to eat and we threw the rest back. Around 11:00am , the fishing slowed greatly. We headed in for lunch and called it a day.

bouy

Nice job!!!! Congrats on getting him back out there on the water......

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

WTG bouy!!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great story and so glad you could get him back on the water
        sigpic

Comment

Nice job getting him on the water.congrats on the catch
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

That is what it's all about.....Great story Buoy!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great getting Grandfather out...take him out again and put him onto some more fish!
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

great job fellas
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

very nice takin the family fishin and all!!
                    Captain Glenn Stevens
                    Coastal Guide Service
                    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice report. Going out with your Dad when he gets up in years is great. I've done the same with mine. He is 83. Brings back memories from when I was a kid.

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Kudos for taking your grandfather fishing and getting him on fish .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                        X