11/23 fly report....Nada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/23 fly report....Nada

Went for a long haul in the kayak today to a back lake between Bastrop and the intercoastal. Spooked lots of small reds but was unable to get a cast to them. The visibility in that back lake and bayou was only about 5 inches and the tide didn't fall out enough to see them out of the water. On cool thing was that in the middle of the bayou from Bastrop to the lake the tide split. I was paddling against the outgoing tide and then all of a sudden I was paddling with tide that emtied out into what looks like an old diversionary canal. I saw a lot of sheepshead in the better water in bastrop and got a few to chase after a dark little crab fly but no takers. Hit my usual spots on the way back through Christmas but the the wind was wipping about 20 against the shoreline and made it difficult to see anything moving around. Otherwise a nice day, I got to paddle around with the dolphins outside of Cold pass for a while.

Man.. how many miles do you paddle a day? Sounds like alot.. .lol

Comment

Thanks for the report. I am thinking that you fished an area I have been wanting to check out for some time.

Comment

Working...
      X