not hot chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not hot chocolate

Took a chance today and ran to chocolate, got to 2004 about 8am. Just south of 2004 found birds workin in the lil bay to the east side. Made one drift and picked up 5 sandies.
    Ventured further south into the bay. With the tide in i went to a protected shoreline looking for some redfish and nada. Worked my way over towards the narrows, found a few birds sitting on the water, made a drift and nada. Already tired of the wind i decided to head up the bayou. Just south of the chemical plant i got waved down by a couple of fellows who were having motor trouble. Asked if i could give them a tow, so a towing i went. Towed them to the first ramp up the bayou (dont know the name ). Continued up the bayou stoped in a area that ive picked up trout in the past and within a few minutes picked up a nice trout and then nada. Having a hard time fighting the wind i decided to throw a crank bait along the shore looking for some redfish (bandit 100) 3 hours later and up by what i call the wall and ive picked up 4 short trout and 3 rat reds. Decide to call it a day.
    castaway300

windy windy windy
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Same results here, I wanted to catch redfish, but no luck. I guess there also not in chocolate! Ill be out saturday looking for winter spots

Comment

Thanks for the descriptive report !! Good that you helped a fellow boater Better luck next time .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
        X