Where have all the fish gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the fish gone

Under the windy conditions I decided to have nothing stop me from going fishing. I left Tuesday Night and fish lights under causeway. Had to fish the north side to get protection from the killer wind. Managed catch small undersize trout, no keepers, and Nice man in a boat cut us off and emptied out the fish. Never saw what he was catching, but he kept on catching. Called it quits and moved location, found some sort of protected marsh but could not see any fish, or even any bait. Maybe a total of 2 mullet I saw jump. Back marsh had no bait.

So for any good this report is I can share where the fish were not on Tuesday night and Wed morning:

Not under lights with structure underneath
    Not in the back marsh with soft mud in less than 1 foot
    Not in deep channel
    Not in 3 feet of water by reef
    Not anywhere I went.

I think is time to change pattern soon, need to see what other people have had any luck following what patterns.

good luck next time

Comment

UMM.....what does your yak look like so I'll know not to fish where you are . LOL !! I haven't had much luck with keeper trout for a while myself . I've been getting some flounder and the odd red now and again . Don't feel bad , your day will come .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X