Wbay 11.27.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 11.27.10

Made a late decision to fish...left the house at 4:15 and walked in at 5pm. Had a corky in white/gold/chartruese on that I was going to fish with till I walked out. Humped out to a piece of mud/shell with a hole to my left and a reef/ledge edge sloping away to my right. It was about 5:25pm, and the sun had already dropped below the horizon when I made my first cast...

Wind was a litte north of east <10, water was in good shape for post front probably about 18 inches visability, not as low as I expected after the front, and the tide was coming in. Was throwing the corky up current and letting it drift across the shell, bumping it off the bottom, mostly just keeping it from hanging up. First fish hit hard at 5:45, nice little fryer at a hair over 17, had one pull off about the same size on the very next cast. Caught the 2nd keeper about 10 minutes later when I was answering a text!!!the corky was laying on the bottom about 10-15yds from me in the hole to my left, took up the slack and the trout was there, a hair under 16.

That was all the action, casted until about 6:45 and walked out, nice evening, only a few mosquitoes and no other fisherman when I left...talked to 3 different sets of waders/yaks wading in, no one admitted to having any luck...may be back tonight, Ive got a lot of fried turkey, dressing, mash potatoes, pecan pie, etc., to wade off before Christmas!
    Attached Files

Great report.....Thanks!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Glad to see you are back in action Ben. One or two more fronts and things should pick up considerably.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

nice report!

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
          Glad to see you are back in action Ben. One or two more fronts and things should pick up considerably.
          Good to hear from you Steve, been a busy summer/fall...not enough time to fish...winter is my favorite time anyway...hoping for just a little slack at work for those late afternoon walk ins...they can be killer between now and March...I'm sure I'll bump into you on the south shoreline around some mud/shell before winters over.

Comment

Working...
          X