Livewell cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livewell cleaning

I was at my storage last week & another boat pulled up to the wash rack & made a comment to me about washing the livewell with soap,said it will kill the bait & fish I put in there. He said just to rinse it out real good. I have always washed it out with soap then rinsed real good without any problems. What do others think about washing or rinsing?
    Today is a new day!!

That sounds like abunch of old, worn out bullsheet from a nit-wit know it all to me.

Comment

I sure wouldn't let that guy was my dishes!..lol....I've heard it before and if your fishing a tourney you want to keep'em alive.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Soap and water ... No problem
        just no soft scrub or bleach
        just my 2 cents
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
          Soap and water ... No problem
          just no soft scrub or bleach
          just my 2 cents
          I agree... Soap & Water is ok, stay away from bleach base products... and rinse it good and leave the lid open to air dry... This is what I do...
          "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
          "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Bourbon if it's Muddskipper's livewell. Vodka cleans JT's livewell. I use beer. We have very happy baits!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I prefer NEVER to clean it...i LIKE it that way!
              sigpic

Comment

You might check this link -- think it is item number 6. This guy makes tanks designed for freshwater shad for striper fishing -- very sensitive baits. Suggests baking soda or bleach, followed by liquid chlorine remover.

Comment

I use simple green and water leave baitwell open to air dry no problems with bait.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                  X