Oyster lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oyster lake

I had a recent conversation with an old timer that used to launch out of Bastrop and fished Oyster lake. He said that was his favorite hole but that was along gtime ago.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum fished or fishes Oyster Lake with any success. It seems like a quick run from Chocolate. Looking at the map, it looks shallow with lots of reefs.

No fish in Oyster Lake, lots of oysters and hidden, submerged objects.

Comment

I used to drift it all the time ..... It can be hit or miss

Reds get in there at different times of the season ..... Water quailty can be an issue with it running with the ICW ...

Drift it throwing live bait, or platcis under a popping cork .... plastics by themselves get hung up on the shell
      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

x2 of post by Muddskipper - he's right.
        If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

I have caught reds there before but it has not been consistent for me. I will put in at Bastrop sometimes and hit some holes around there, its nice when you want to change things up.

Comment

I agree with the hit and miss but when I hit it's always good I wade the back coves alot on a light north wind in oct. & nov. reds stack up on the shore

Comment

Reds and black drum on the shorelines but agree with the cinsistency comments. Some interesting spoil humps near the ditch to avoid, and maybe a few interesting submerged posts and such. Take it slow.
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
              X