Chocolate Bayou 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 12/1

I had the day off today and decided to jump in the jon boat for some midday bayou fishing. I ventured up bayou from Lutes and was pulling specks out of a hole on everyother cast. They were all 14" (+/-.5"). No keepers in that hole. I decided to move down the bayou to see if the fish would be a little bigger closer to the bay. I stopped at the bubble barrier concrete wall and pulled a keeper speck on the second cast and dinks after that. I moved further down again. I stopped a channel marker 43 and anchored for a little while. The flounder were there and they were biting. I caught three and only boxed one for my Aunt (I told her I would bring her one). In between the second and third flounder, I had a hit that was pulling drag. Redfish on!!!!! I am not new to catching redfish, but the taught of finally earning my first Texas Slam added some excitement to this fish. I quickly reeled it in and netted it. The fish was laid on the cooler for a quick measurement...............19.5". Damn. I stayed there for another hour hoping that the reds would come back around. The dink trout showed up instead, so I drank a couple of beers that I brought and called it a day.

bouy

Sounds like you had a good time,keep on fishing,it will come soon enough.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

What were you catching all these on? Sounds like a fun day off. I was hopeing to have tomorrow off but work seemed to get in the way cant complain too much at least I have work.

Comment

Originally posted by Precisionair View Post
        What were you catching all these on? Sounds like a fun day off. I was hopeing to have tomorrow off but work seemed to get in the way cant complain too much at least I have work.
        5" GULP jerk shad - new penny and nuclear chicken

Comment

sweet report!
          "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Great report thanks!

Comment

A good day! Congrats
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Way cool! Better than being at work!

Comment

Good report!
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great report. Sounds like you had a good time!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

NUC CHIX ...... that's th $H!T
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

thanks 4 the info
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

sounds like a great day to me!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                            NUC CHIX ...... that's th $H!T
                            I bought them because a while back Muddskipper posted that they were all some guy used up bayou in the winter.

He was right. I would try other colors in between and the catching slowed. Once the nuclear chicken was put on, EVERY OTHER CAST CAME UP WITH A FISH. SERIOUSLY!!!!

Comment

nice report!

Comment

Working...
                              X