12/2 fly report...darn clouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/2 fly report...darn clouds

The day started off promising picking up 2 keeper reds near mud cut. They absolutely hammered the grizzly sea ducer. I was waiting for the tide to come in a little more so I decided to check out a bayou that I haven’t explored yet. The bayou was loaded with rat reds. Caught about 10 little reds and I mean little about 10”. Then the thick blanket of clouds rolled in. Thought it was suppose to be sunny today? I Couldn’t see anymore so I decided to go look for small schools or singles backing in the shallow water but couldn’t get a good fix on them. They were in and out of the shallows quickly. So went back to the little bayou to catch a few more dinks and then called it a day early. There must have been a thousand little reds in that bayou. I did find a good concentration of fish on the flats but couldn’t see them to get a cast. It’s really frustration when they are running into your kayak but can’t see to get a cast to them. Going back to the pass early was tough fighting that incoming tide all the way back from mud cut. I did see one monster trout along the shoreline of the pass but spooked em with my cast. Tough casting when the tide is ripping your kayak. Conventional tackle would have been great today. I think I’ll just take out the boat tomorrow for some trout, that tide kicked my ***! Sorry no picks...left the camera charging at home….Well, here is one of sunset from my deck as I write this.
    Attached Files

Your office has a killer view.good report!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

You did 100 % better than me.I had to work which keep me off of the water.

Skiffstiff

Comment

Try again tomorrow! It should be nice in the morning.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great Report!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yea for you, have yet to wet a line in weeks, LONG OVER DUE! Congrats on getting out
            A Living Legend

Comment

Working...
            X