8 Mile Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Mile Road

Went out this morning about 8. Wind was pretty calm and the water visibility was about 18". First time I fished this area. Put in my little yak and headed for the north side of the little island off Oxen Bayou. I Started out throwing skitterwalkers with no luck. I tried the Badonk-a-donks and got nothing. I even tried some suspending dive lures. Finally I switched to soft plastics on a jig head: purple shrimp w/ chartreuse tails, hackberry hustlers, pretty much everything I had in my box. Finally I switched to gulp shrimp: white, new penny, molting, even the chart curly tails Plugger gave me 2 weeks ago. Nada! I saved the popping cork for last and still didn't get a bite. The wind had picked back up to about 12 knots and the water clarity had dropped to a 5 inches, so I decided to struggle back to shore at 11. I finally remembered my @!#*@! camera so I decided to take a picture of me in the yak not catching any darned thing.Click image for larger version

Name:	No Fish 002.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	568113
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Better my day here at work.

Comment

How safe is it to park at 8 mile? Heard some bad stories?

Comment

Sounds like you gave it a good try anyway. You'll get em next time! Thanks for the report!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Guys this report was from over 4 months ago...

Sportsman 8 Mile is safe if there are some people around just check surroundings before heading out & in, don't leave valuable in cars remove temptation from anyone in the area.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That December 4th at the top of the post was a dead give away. But I have had more recent trips with about the same outcome......................
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

Originally posted by rtoler View Post
              That December 4th at the top of the post was a dead give away. But I have had more recent trips with about the same outcome......................
              LOL!!
              You got that right!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thinking about goin kayak fishing this wkend, and we can't decide wether to try 8 Mile or go to Christmas Bay. Any suggestions?? Anyone fished those 2 place in the last week??

Comment

Working...
                X